It wasn’t that long ago that Tiger Woods was listed at +10000 to win The 2018 Masters outright. After showing signs of life in his last couple of tournament appearances, the bets for Tigers to win The Masters outright have poured in and now the oddsmakers have adjusted their numbers. With The Masters now less than a month away, Tiger’s odds win another green jacket in 2018 are down to +1000 at BetDSI Sportsbook.
Dustin Johnson and Justin Thomas are the co-favorites to win the tournament. However, it’s Tiger that has received the majority of the attention as a fan favorite. That was evident all weekend at the Valspar Championship when fans followed Tiger in flocks. It has been a long time since we’ve seen him on the prowl on a Sunday and the energy was palpable. Even the players sensed the difference as Brandt Snedeker, who was paired with Woods for the final round, spoke about it afterwards.
The challenge is that Tiger hasn’t played in The Masters since 2015. He hasn’t won at Augusta National since 2005. In fact, his last win on the PGA Tour came all the way back in 2013. Despite making some progress, Woods hadn’t exactly come close to winning an event since making his return until last week’s start. Tiger entered the final round of the Valspar Championship in contention and ultimately finished one stroke back of Paul Casey. With so many talented golfers in the field, Tiger might not be worth backing at such a low price now. It might have been worth taking a chance on Tiger as a significant underdog by betting on him to win at +10000 odds. However, that same value is no longer there now that his betting odds are down to +1000.
A lot can still change between now and The Masters. Tiger has committed to playing in the Arnold Palmer Invitational at Bay Hill next week. It’s worth noting that he’s the current favorite – a sizable one at that:
Tiger Woods: +650
Jason Day: +1200
Justin Rose: +1400
Rory McIlroy: +1600
Rickie Fowler: +2000
Tommy Fleetwood: +2200
Hideki Matsuyama: +2200
Odds courtesy of BetDSI.
The Masters isn’t until April 5th. The key for Woods will be to build on his performance. If he continues to gather momentum, his odds could shorten even more. If the Valspar was a one-off, look for his odds to take a tumble.
- Top 5 Betting Trends for NCAA Football Dec. 15, 2018 - December 14, 2018
- Will the College Football Playoff expand to eight teams for 2020 regular season? - December 14, 2018
- NFL Week 16 Betting Odds: Look-ahead Lines - December 14, 2018
- UFC Fight Night Sat December 15, 2018: Lee vs Iaquinta 2 – Fight Preview-Podcast-Free Fight Picks - December 11, 2018
- UFC 232 Jones vs Gustafsson – Full Main Card Preview & Fight Picks Podcast - December 11, 2018
- NFL Week 15 Parlay Free Pick - December 10, 2018
- Top 5 Betting Trends for NFL Week 15 - December 10, 2018
- Best Teaser Pick for Week 15 – NFL Betting Odds - December 10, 2018
- NCAA Basketball: Top College Basketball Games To Bet On Dec. 10-Dec. 16 - December 9, 2018
- Best Teaser Pick for Week 14 – NFL Betting Odds - December 7, 2018