The 143rd Preakness Stakes, the second jewel of the Triple Crown, are fast approaching. The horses will post at 6:20 p.m. EST Saturday.
The action at Pimlico Race Course in Baltimore will be here before you know it. It’s time to get familiar with the frontrunners.
Unsurprisingly, Justify, which won the Kentucky Derby two weeks ago, is the frontrunner. The horse, trained by Bob Baffert, has odds of 2-5. Justify is looking to make history.
— Ed DeRosa (@EJXD2) May 5, 2018
👀 Justify training under the Twin Spires in preparation for the Preakness Stakes pic.twitter.com/QCwvSmwxnv
— Kentucky Derby (@KentuckyDerby) May 13, 2018
The horse is aiming to become the 13th in history to win all three Triple Crown races.
— Preakness Stakes (@PreaknessStakes) May 14, 2018
Don’t sleep, however, on its competition. Good Magic, at 7-2, is a decent bet. Good Magic was the runner-up at the Kentucky Derby. Quip (16-1), the son of Distorted Humor, and Diamond King (16-1), which Javier Castellano will ride, will also be popular selections.
Chad Brown says Good Magic is in for the Preakness
"Both horses (GM & Justify) are going to do things they've never done before–run on 2 weeks rest & run @ Pimlico. We're hopeful our horse responds to that well. If you're asking how we're going to close the gap … that's it."
— Jeremy Balan (@BH_JBalan) May 13, 2018
The race will air on NBC, with additional coverage on NBCSN. Check out full TV information here.
Justify will face a smaller group of competition than that which he faced at Churchill Downs. BetDSI Sportsbook has released full betting odds for the horses participating in the Preakness Stakes. Check out the lineup below.
Good Magic (7-2)
Diamond King (16-1)
Sporting Chance (22-1)
Lone Sailor (25-1)
- Anthony Gonzales Wins House of Representatives Seat: What are the odds? - May 18, 2018
- 2018 Preakness Stakes Post Positions: Justify Odds-on Favorite at 7 - May 16, 2018
- The Bucks Are Bringing In Giannis Antetokounmpo To Recruit Mike Budenholzer - May 16, 2018
- It Looks Like DeMarcus Cousins Is Unhappy With The Pelicans - May 16, 2018
- Dennis Schroder Seems Very Ready To Leave The Hawks - May 15, 2018
- This Rumor Adds Steam To The LeBron-To-Philly Murmurs - May 15, 2018
- 2018 Preakness Stakes: Horses to Watch, Predictions and Betting Odds - May 14, 2018
- Joakim Noah Could Leave Knicks, Join New Team For Next Season - May 14, 2018
- Supreme Court Votes To Strike Down Anti-Gambling Law - May 14, 2018
- Steph Curry: James Harden Draws Fouls Like An Artist - May 14, 2018