The 143rd Preakness Stakes, the second jewel of the Triple Crown, are fast approaching. The horses will post at 6:20 p.m. EST Saturday.
The action at Pimlico Race Course in Baltimore will be here before you know it. It’s time to get familiar with the frontrunners.
Unsurprisingly, Justify, which won the Kentucky Derby two weeks ago, is the frontrunner. The horse, trained by Bob Baffert, has odds of 2-5. Justify is looking to make history.
— Ed DeRosa (@EJXD2) May 5, 2018
👀 Justify training under the Twin Spires in preparation for the Preakness Stakes pic.twitter.com/QCwvSmwxnv
— Kentucky Derby (@KentuckyDerby) May 13, 2018
The horse is aiming to become the 13th in history to win all three Triple Crown races.
— Preakness Stakes (@PreaknessStakes) May 14, 2018
Don’t sleep, however, on its competition. Good Magic, at 7-2, is a decent bet. Good Magic was the runner-up at the Kentucky Derby. Quip (16-1), the son of Distorted Humor, and Diamond King (16-1), which Javier Castellano will ride, will also be popular selections.
Chad Brown says Good Magic is in for the Preakness
"Both horses (GM & Justify) are going to do things they've never done before–run on 2 weeks rest & run @ Pimlico. We're hopeful our horse responds to that well. If you're asking how we're going to close the gap … that's it."
— Jeremy Balan (@BH_JBalan) May 13, 2018
The race will air on NBC, with additional coverage on NBCSN. Check out full TV information here.
Justify will face a smaller group of competition than that which he faced at Churchill Downs. BetDSI Sportsbook has released full betting odds for the horses participating in the Preakness Stakes. Check out the lineup below.
Good Magic (7-2)
Diamond King (16-1)
Sporting Chance (22-1)
Lone Sailor (25-1)
- Sports Betting Tips with Chris Sheridan Episode 5: Kawhi Leonard To The Knicks? - July 14, 2018
- The Rockets Reportedly Made Clint Capela A Monster Offer - July 12, 2018
- Here’s How Rob Pelinka Learned LeBron Was Signing With The Lakers - July 11, 2018
- Kyrie Irving’s Injury In 2015 Playoffs Reportedly Annoyed LeBron ‘To No End’ - July 10, 2018
- Celtics Rookie Robert Williams Has Rare Artery Condition In Legs - July 10, 2018
- The Cavs Are Reportedly Actively Shopping Kyle Korver, Not Kevin Love - July 9, 2018
- There Is Reportedly A ‘Strong Sense’ Marcus Smart Will Return To Celtics - July 9, 2018
- Sports Betting Tips with Chris Sheridan Episode 4: Looking at the Kawhi Leonard Trade Situation - July 8, 2018
- Amir Johnson Will Reportedly Return To The Philadelphia 76ers - July 4, 2018
- Harry Giles Regrets Playing As A Freshman At Duke - July 4, 2018