The 143rd Preakness Stakes, the second jewel of the Triple Crown, are fast approaching. The horses will post at 6:20 p.m. EST Saturday.
The action at Pimlico Race Course in Baltimore will be here before you know it. It’s time to get familiar with the frontrunners.
Unsurprisingly, Justify, which won the Kentucky Derby two weeks ago, is the frontrunner. The horse, trained by Bob Baffert, has odds of 2-5. Justify is looking to make history.
— Ed DeRosa (@EJXD2) May 5, 2018
👀 Justify training under the Twin Spires in preparation for the Preakness Stakes pic.twitter.com/QCwvSmwxnv
— Kentucky Derby (@KentuckyDerby) May 13, 2018
The horse is aiming to become the 13th in history to win all three Triple Crown races.
— Preakness Stakes (@PreaknessStakes) May 14, 2018
Don’t sleep, however, on its competition. Good Magic, at 7-2, is a decent bet. Good Magic was the runner-up at the Kentucky Derby. Quip (16-1), the son of Distorted Humor, and Diamond King (16-1), which Javier Castellano will ride, will also be popular selections.
Chad Brown says Good Magic is in for the Preakness
"Both horses (GM & Justify) are going to do things they've never done before–run on 2 weeks rest & run @ Pimlico. We're hopeful our horse responds to that well. If you're asking how we're going to close the gap … that's it."
— Jeremy Balan (@BH_JBalan) May 13, 2018
The race will air on NBC, with additional coverage on NBCSN. Check out full TV information here.
Justify will face a smaller group of competition than that which he faced at Churchill Downs. BetDSI Sportsbook has released full betting odds for the horses participating in the Preakness Stakes. Check out the lineup below.
Good Magic (7-2)
Diamond King (16-1)
Sporting Chance (22-1)
Lone Sailor (25-1)
- Betting Odds: Will The Tennessee Titans Make The Playoffs? - December 18, 2018
- Betting Odds: Will The Indianapolis Colts Make The Playoffs? - December 18, 2018
- Sports Betting Tips With Chris Sheridan Episode 30: The Post-Valanciunas Raptors - December 16, 2018
- Sports Betting Tips With Chris Sheridan Episode 29: Bulls Coaching Change - December 4, 2018
- Luca Doncic is Now Odds-On Favorite for NBA Rookie of the Year Betting - November 30, 2018
- Sports Betting Tips With Chris Sheridan Episode 28: Fultz & The Sixers - November 29, 2018
- Betting Odds for Oklahoma, Georgia, Ohio State, UCF and Texas CFP Chances - November 26, 2018
- Sports Betting Tips With Chris Sheridan Episode 27: Tiger-Phil Showdown - November 22, 2018
- Sports Betting Tips With Chris Sheridan Episode 26: Carmelo Anthony’s Future - November 16, 2018
- Free Agency Betting Odds: Where Will Kevin Durant Play Next, Lakers Are Favorites - November 16, 2018