Two teams that are performing below expectations will take to the court in the WNBA on Wednesday, June 13, when the Las Vegas Aces travel to take on the New York Liberty. Las Vegas is in 11th place in the league while the Liberty are eighth.
Las Vegas Aces
The Las Vegas Aces enter this contest at 1-7. They are 0-5 on the road this season and have lost all three games within the conference. The Aces are a respectable fifth in the WNBA in points scored this season, averaging 79.0, but are 1oth in field goal percentage at 41.8 percent. Las Vegas is last in the league in points allowed at 87.2 ppg and are sixth in field goal percentage allowed at 43.9 percent.
Las Vegas is led in scoring by A’ja Wilson, who has an impressive 22.0 ppg average, third best in the league. Wilson also leads the Aces in rebounds per game (8.3) and is shooting 46.3 percent from the field. Lindsay Allen leads the team in assists per game with 4.6, but she is only averaging 5.2 ppg.
New York Liberty
The New York Liberty are 3-4 this season and are 2-3 at home. The Liberty are averaging 81.0 points per game, which is fourth best in the league. New York is eighth in field goal percentage at 42.5 percent. New York is seventh in points allowed at 81.5, and they are fifth in opponent field goal percentage at 43.0 percent.
The New York Liberty are led by the impressive Tina Charles, who is second in the WNBA in scoring at 22.3 ppg. She is averaging 8.1 rebounds per game, which also leads the team. Charles is shooting an impressive 45.3 percent from the field and she is 77.4 percent from the stripe. Bria Hartley has done an adequate job at the point guard position, averaging 4.3 assists per game to go along with 9.3 ppg.
Odds (Provided by BetDSI Sportsbook):
New York (-11.0)
Las Vegas Aces
- Aces are 4-0 in their last four games against the spread in the second game of a back-to-back night.
- Aces are 6-2 against the spread in their last 8 games against Eastern Conference opponents.
- Aces are 5-2 in their last seven games against the spread when facing a team with a losing record.
New York Liberty
- Liberty are 8-3 in their last 11 games against the spread when playing on a Wednesday
- Liberty are 3-7 in their last 10 games against the spread when playing on two days rest.
Las Vegas has won the last five meetings between these two teams against the spread. They have gone 6-1 in the last seven meetings in New York against the spread. Las Vegas has gone under in seven of their last nine games against teams with a losing record and New York has gone under in nine of their last 12 games at home.
While Las Vegas has held their own in the series against the spread, the truth is that the Liberty are a much better team. The question is if they can cover 11 and that does not look promising.
The Pick: New York to win, 87-81.
- Warriors at Clippers Prop Bets: Will Stephen Curry Score Over 30 Points? - January 16, 2019
- Betting Anthony Davis Props: Point Total Over/Under Set at 30 - January 16, 2019
- Raptors at Celtics Prop Bets: Will Kyrie Irving Score Over 25 Points? - January 15, 2019
- Giannis Antetokounmpo vs. James Harden: Who will score more points? - January 9, 2019
- Who will score more points? Stephen Curry or James Harden? - January 2, 2019
- NBA Prop Bet: Will Russell Westbrook get a triple double? - January 2, 2019
- Russell Westbrook Prop Bets: Triple Double on Christmas - December 24, 2018
- James Harden Prop Betting: Total Points on Christmas - December 24, 2018
- NBA Betting: Top 5 Games Dec. 17-Dec. 23 - December 17, 2018
- NBA Betting: Top 5 Games Dec. 10-Dec. 16 - December 9, 2018