New York Liberty (-159 ) vs. Las Vegas Aces (+2)
The New York Liberty travel out west to take on the Las Vegas Aces in a rematch of a contest that occurred in New York on June 13. Both of these teams enter the game as winners of their last contest. Las Vegas dominated the first game between these two teams, winning 78-63.
New York Liberty
New York enters this contest at 4-6. They are 2-4 on the road this season. The Liberty are averaging 78.0 points per game while allowing 80.6 points per contest. They are shooting 42.5 percent from the field while allowing opponents 42.6 percent. Most categories have been fairly evenly matched between them and their opponents, with there being a slight difference in rebounds per game at 34.9 for opponents and 32.4 for New York.
The New York Liberty are led by Tina Charles, who is having another outstanding, MVP kind of season. Charles is averaging 21.6 PPG, 7.0 rebounds per game and 2.7 assists per game. She is shooting an impressive 47.0 percent from the field and is playing in an average of 33.7 minutes per game. Brea Hartley leads the team in assists per game at 4.3, and has chipped in 9.2 points per game on average.
Las Vegas Aces
Las Vegas is averaging 80.5 points per game while giving up on average 85.4 wins per game. There shooting 42.2 percent from the field while giving up 43.4 percent. The Aces are 4-9 overall, including going 1-3 at home.
The leading scorer for Las Vegas is A’ja Wilson, who is averaging 20.8 points per game and has an average of 8.2 rebounds per contest. She is shooting 46.1 percent from the field and 31.2 minutes per game. Kayla McBride is averaging the most minutes per contest for Las Vegas, scoring 16.3 points per game while shooting an impressive 39.5 percent from beyond the arc. There are two excellent playmakers in Kelsey Plum and Lindsay Allen who were averaging 7.5 assists per game combined.
Odds (Provided by BetDSI Sportsbook):
Las Vegas (-2.0)
New York Liberty
- Liberty are 4-1 against the spread in their last five games on Friday night.
- Liberty are 2-5 against the spread in their last seven games against Western Conference opponents.
- Liberty are 1-5 in their last six games overall.
Las Vegas Aces
- Aces our 5-2 against the spread in their last seven Friday night games.
- Aces are 5-2 in their last seven games against the spread.
- Aces are 27-11 in their last 38 games against teams from the Eastern Conference.
New York has won just two of the last seven meetings between these two teams in Las Vegas, and the Liberty are 0-6 in the last six games against the spread between these two teams. The total has gone under in seven of the last 10 meetings in Las Vegas.
The first contest between these two teams should not be viewed as an aberration. Las Vegas is a lot better than what their record would portray, which makes it the sensible decision to take the Aces at home over the liberty. Take Las Vegas to win in this contest, 80-71.
- NBA Betting: Top 5 Games Nov. 19-25 - November 18, 2018
- NBA Betting: Top 5 Games Nov. 12-18 - November 11, 2018
- NBA Betting: Top 5 Games Nov. 5-Nov.11 - November 4, 2018
- NBA Betting: Top 5 Games Oct. 29-Nov. 4 - October 29, 2018
- NBA Betting: Top 5 Games Oct. 22-28 - October 22, 2018
- NBA Betting: Top NBA Opening Week Bets - October 15, 2018
- RPI vs NET: What Are the Differences? - September 6, 2018
- NFL Teams With The Best and Worst Betting Home-Field Advantages - September 5, 2018
- 5 Tips for the Beginning Sports Bettor - September 4, 2018
- Sports Betting Tips with Chris Sheridan Episode 6: The first over/under win total lines for the 2018-19 NBA season are already posted - July 20, 2018