The Washington Mystics enter this contest 5-4 and are 2-2 on the road this season. Washington is third in the league in scoring this season, averaging 81.9 points per game, but they are ninth in points allowed at 82.7. The Mystics have one of the better three-point shooting teams, hitting 35.3 percent, third best in the league, and they are fifth best in opponent three-point shooting at 31.8 percent.
Elena Delle Donne leads the team in scoring, averaging 14.8 points per game, but she has only played in five games this season. Kristi Toliver is second on the team in points, averaging 14.5. She is also shooting 47.7 percent from the field and is hitting 41.7 percent of her three-point shots. Donne leads the team in rebounds, averaging 6.2 rebounds per game, with Tianna Hawkins second at 5.2. Hawkins is hitting 51.3 percent of her shots, and Natasha Cloud leads the team in assist at 5.3 per game.
The Sun are 7-1 and are 4-0 at home this season. Connecticut is averaging 92.6 points per game, which is first in the WNBA. They are shooting 47.0 percent from the field, which is also first. The Sun are fourth in total defense, allowing 76.9 points per game and are second in field goal percentage against at 40.3.
The Sun have six players averaging better than 10 points per game, led by Jasmine Thomas, who is averaging 14.0 ppg. Alyssa Thomas has been a rebounding machine, averaging 10.8 per game, and Thomas is first in assists at 5.1 per contest. Thomas is second in ppg at 13.3 and Chiney Ogwumike is third at 13.0. Ogwumike is first in field goal percentage, hitting a gaudy 61.8 percent of her shots. She has also hit all of her three-point shots this season.
Odds (Provided by BetDSI Sportsbook):
- Mystics are 4-1 against the spread in their last five games on the road.
- Mystics are 1-4 in their last five games when they have had three or more days of rest prior to the contest.
- Mystics are 2-5 in their last seven games against the spread against Eastern Conference teams.
- Mystics are 5-11 in their last 16 games against a team with a winning record.
- Sun are 14-6 against the spread in their last 20 games Eastern Conference opponents.
- Sun are winners of 22 of their last 33 games straight up.
- Sun are 2-7 in their last nine games against the spread when they won their last game against the spread.
The Sun have won the last five meetings between these two teams and have won five of the last seven in Connecticut. The total has gone over in the last four meetings in Connecticut.
There is really no need to buck the trends whatsoever. Connecticut is a better team and is on a roll, especially at home. Take the Connecticut Sun to win this game, 94-79.
- 2018 World Cup Odds: Nigeria vs. Iceland Betting Recap - June 22, 2018
- 2018 World Cup Odds: Brazil vs. Costa Rica Betting Recap - June 22, 2018
- 2018 WNBA Odds: New York Liberty vs. Las Vegas Aces Betting Preview and Free Pick - June 22, 2018
- 2018 World Cup Odds: Argentina vs. Croatia Betting Recap - June 21, 2018
- 2018 World Cup Odds: Denmark vs. Australia Betting Recap - June 21, 2018
- 2018 World Cup Odds: France vs. Peru Betting Recap - June 21, 2018
- 2018 World Cup Odds: Iran vs. Spain Betting Recap - June 20, 2018
- 2018 World Cup Odds: Uruguay vs. Saudi Arabia Betting Recap - June 20, 2018
- 2018 World Cup Odds: Portugal vs Morocco Betting Recap - June 20, 2018
- 2018 World Cup Odds: Russia vs Egypt Betting Recap - June 19, 2018