Denmark was a -105 favorite to beat Australia at the start of the Matchday 2 in the Group C, but the clash was finished in a 1-1 draw at +240, as Socceroos showed once more they are a tricky opponent to beat, so both sides stay in the race for the last 16 at 2018 World Cup. The game went in the under of the total of 2.5 goals at -175, while both teams managed to score at +104.
Denmark was a slight favorite in this game at -105, but Australia put on a great performance to upset the odds, so the bettors who wagered on a draw at +240 are certainly pleased with the final outcome, as a 1-1 stalemate is surely a rightful result after what we saw on the pitch. It was a tight match with a couple of good scoring opportunities on both sides, but the tempo of the game was remarkable, so the fans could enjoy a great battle. The clash expectedly went in the under of the total of 2.5 goals at -175, but the bettors could earn some decent wages with both teams to score at +104.
The Danes took the lead in the seventh minute of the first half when Christian Eriksen scored with a beautiful volley, but it was all from Denmark’s best player in this match. Socceroos equalized in the 38th minute when we saw another penalty kick from a Video Assistant Referee, as Mile Jedinak converted it to make it 1-1. In the second half, Pione Sisto had a couple of solid chances for Denmark, while Kasper Schmeichel made a few excellent saves to prevent Socceroos on the other side. In the end, Australia had a ball on their feet for 52% of the time, taking 14 shots towards Kasper Schmeichel, as five went on target, while the Danes also had five shots on target out of ten in a total.
After this draw, both sides stay in the competition for the Round of 16, and in the Matchday 3, Denmark will face France as a +425 underdog, while Australia goes on Peru with the odds at +260 to grab a win. Denmark is now at -334 to qualify for the knock-out phase, according to BetDSI Sportsbook, while the price on Socceroos is +350. The Danes are +8000 underdogs to beat the 2018 World Cup. On the other side, Australia is at +50000 to win the World Cup trophy in Russia.
- Houston at Los Angeles: LeBron James total points O/U 26.5 - February 18, 2019
- Boston at Milwaukee: How many points and rebounds for Jayson Tatum? - February 18, 2019
- NBA All-Star Game Betting: Who wins MVP? - February 14, 2019
- Boston at Philadelphia: Joel Embiid Total Points and Rebounds - February 11, 2019
- Will Giannis Antetokounmpo record a triple-double against the Wizards? - February 5, 2019
- Toronto at Philadelphia: Joel Embiid and Jimmy Butler total points - February 4, 2019
- Super Bowl 53 Props: Kyrie Irving points or Jared Goff completions? - January 29, 2019
- Super Bowl 53 Props: Will Chick-fil-A serve food on Super Sunday? - January 27, 2019
- Warriors at Clippers Prop Bets: Will Stephen Curry Score Over 30 Points? - January 16, 2019
- Betting Anthony Davis Props: Point Total Over/Under Set at 30 - January 16, 2019