Senegal was a slight +130 favorite to beat Japan, but Samurai Blue pulled out a well-deserved draw at +220, despite trailing twice during the match. Both sides easily managed to score at +104, while the clash was finished in the over of the total of 2.5 goals at +135.
It was a dynamic clash at Ekaterinburg Arena, as Senegal had a lead in both halves, but Japan managed to find the equalizer each time, showing some excellent attacking moves. Senegal was lucky to take the lead in the 11th minute after Japan’s keeper Eiji Kawashima made a rookie mistake, while Samurai Blue equalized in the 34th minute thanks to Takashi Inui’s beautifully placed shot. The first half was ended in a stalemate at -111, whilst the odds on both teams to score in the first 45 minutes were at +480.
In the second half, Japan had a couple of huge scoring opportunities to take the lead, so the punishment came in the 71st minute when the 19-year old defender Moussa Wague scored his second goal for the national team. However, Senegal couldn’t preserve the lead, as their defense was quite confused in the second half, and the experienced Keisuke Honda made it 2-2 in the 78th minute, placing the ball into the empty net after Senegal’s goalie made a huge mistake.
The match was deservedly finished in a draw at +220, while the bettors who wagered on the over 2.5 goals made some decent wages at +135. Those who wagered on the over 3.5 goals at +400 are certainly pleased with the result, as we could easily see a couple of more goals in this one. Japan had the ball in possession for 53% of the time, taking seven shots on goal, three on target. On the other side, Senegal took 13 shots towards Kawashima, seven on those on target, and the Lions of Teranga should be disappointed as they were so close to earning three points at +130, but a quite poor defensive job cost them a victory.
Both sides stay on the top of the Group H with four points each, waiting to see what will happen tonight in the match between Poland and Colombia. Japan will face Poland in the ultimate round of the group stage as a +230 out-of-towner to beat the Eagles, and the price on Samurai Blue to qualify for the last 16 is set at -300. Senegal will go on Colombia as a +260 underdog to beat Los Cafeteros, but the wages on Senegal are also at -300 to reach the knock-out phase, according to BetDSI Sportsbook.
- Houston at Los Angeles: LeBron James total points O/U 26.5 - February 18, 2019
- Boston at Milwaukee: How many points and rebounds for Jayson Tatum? - February 18, 2019
- NBA All-Star Game Betting: Who wins MVP? - February 14, 2019
- Boston at Philadelphia: Joel Embiid Total Points and Rebounds - February 11, 2019
- Will Giannis Antetokounmpo record a triple-double against the Wizards? - February 5, 2019
- Toronto at Philadelphia: Joel Embiid and Jimmy Butler total points - February 4, 2019
- Super Bowl 53 Props: Kyrie Irving points or Jared Goff completions? - January 29, 2019
- Super Bowl 53 Props: Will Chick-fil-A serve food on Super Sunday? - January 27, 2019
- Warriors at Clippers Prop Bets: Will Stephen Curry Score Over 30 Points? - January 16, 2019
- Betting Anthony Davis Props: Point Total Over/Under Set at 30 - January 16, 2019