Senegal was a slight +130 favorite to beat Japan, but Samurai Blue pulled out a well-deserved draw at +220, despite trailing twice during the match. Both sides easily managed to score at +104, while the clash was finished in the over of the total of 2.5 goals at +135.
It was a dynamic clash at Ekaterinburg Arena, as Senegal had a lead in both halves, but Japan managed to find the equalizer each time, showing some excellent attacking moves. Senegal was lucky to take the lead in the 11th minute after Japan’s keeper Eiji Kawashima made a rookie mistake, while Samurai Blue equalized in the 34th minute thanks to Takashi Inui’s beautifully placed shot. The first half was ended in a stalemate at -111, whilst the odds on both teams to score in the first 45 minutes were at +480.
In the second half, Japan had a couple of huge scoring opportunities to take the lead, so the punishment came in the 71st minute when the 19-year old defender Moussa Wague scored his second goal for the national team. However, Senegal couldn’t preserve the lead, as their defense was quite confused in the second half, and the experienced Keisuke Honda made it 2-2 in the 78th minute, placing the ball into the empty net after Senegal’s goalie made a huge mistake.
The match was deservedly finished in a draw at +220, while the bettors who wagered on the over 2.5 goals made some decent wages at +135. Those who wagered on the over 3.5 goals at +400 are certainly pleased with the result, as we could easily see a couple of more goals in this one. Japan had the ball in possession for 53% of the time, taking seven shots on goal, three on target. On the other side, Senegal took 13 shots towards Kawashima, seven on those on target, and the Lions of Teranga should be disappointed as they were so close to earning three points at +130, but a quite poor defensive job cost them a victory.
Both sides stay on the top of the Group H with four points each, waiting to see what will happen tonight in the match between Poland and Colombia. Japan will face Poland in the ultimate round of the group stage as a +230 out-of-towner to beat the Eagles, and the price on Samurai Blue to qualify for the last 16 is set at -300. Senegal will go on Colombia as a +260 underdog to beat Los Cafeteros, but the wages on Senegal are also at -300 to reach the knock-out phase, according to BetDSI Sportsbook.
- NBA Betting: Top 5 Games Nov. 19-25 - November 18, 2018
- NBA Betting: Top 5 Games Nov. 12-18 - November 11, 2018
- NBA Betting: Top 5 Games Nov. 5-Nov.11 - November 4, 2018
- NBA Betting: Top 5 Games Oct. 29-Nov. 4 - October 29, 2018
- NBA Betting: Top 5 Games Oct. 22-28 - October 22, 2018
- NBA Betting: Top NBA Opening Week Bets - October 15, 2018
- RPI vs NET: What Are the Differences? - September 6, 2018
- NFL Teams With The Best and Worst Betting Home-Field Advantages - September 5, 2018
- 5 Tips for the Beginning Sports Bettor - September 4, 2018
- Sports Betting Tips with Chris Sheridan Episode 6: The first over/under win total lines for the 2018-19 NBA season are already posted - July 20, 2018