Although Tiger Woods didn’t earn that elusive win, an epic performance from him on Sunday has everyone anticipating the 2019 set of majors. While we’ve completed the four big ones in 2018, BetDSI Sportsbook has posted lines on the first major of 2019. Woods and Jordan Spieth are the favorites heading into the 2019 Masters as many believe Woods can still win another major.
Although Brooks Koepka was the winner of the 2018 PGA Championship, his performance was overshadowed by Woods’ run. Koepka, who cashed as a 20/1 underdog, actually made history. He became just the fifth player to win the U.S. Open and PGA Championship in the same year. Still, it was Woods who was the story. He ended up in second place at -14 — two shots behind Koepka — thanks to a scintillating 64 on Sunday.
A lot of people weren’t sure what to expect from Woods at the PGA Championship. He was the favorite heading into The Masters and could only muster a 32nd-place finish. Then he missed the cut at the U.S. Open. However, he’s been on fire since then with a fourth-place finish at the Quicken Loans National, a sixth-place finish at The Open, and now a second-place result at the PGA Championship. Add in a second-place finish at the Valspar Championship earlier this year as well as a fifth at the Arnold Palmer Invitational and Woods has looked more than competent of adding to his trophy collection.
The better news for Woods — and golf bettors — is how he looked Sunday. His 64 was incredible, including four birdies on the back nine. Had it not been for an errant tee shot on 14 when he bogeyed, he could have pushed for a playoff.
We’re going to have to see how Tiger closes out the year but as of right now, he and Spieth are the favorites heading into the 2019 Masters. The results are hard to argue with. While he hasn’t registered a win, he has five Top 10 finishes on the year with two coming at Majors. For comparison, Spieth only has two Top 10’s at Majors and five Top 10’s on the year. Jason Day has no Top 10’s at the Majors and five overall and Rickie Fowler has one Top 10 at a Major and four overall. That gives you an indication that Woods has been just as strong as about anyone in terms of results.
Dustin Johnson entered the week as the favorite to win the PGA Championship but he failed to deliver. He was in the thick of things with a 67 and a 66 to start, but a 72 in the third round impeded his run.
Odds To Win 2019 Masters
Jordan Spieth +1000
Tiger Woods +1200
Rory McIlroy +1300
Dustin Johnson +1400
Justin Thomas +1500
Brooks Koepka +1600
Jon Rahm +1800
Rickie Fowler +2000
Justin Rose +2000
Jason Day +2000
Patrick Reed +3000
Bubba Watson +3000
Francisco Molinari +3000
Hideki Matsuyama +3500
Phil Mickelson +3500
Paul Casey +3500
Tommy Fleetwood +4000
Henrik Stenson +4000
Adam Scott +4000
Sergio Garcia +5000
Marc Leishman +5000
Thomas Pieters +5000
Tony Finau +5000
Matt Kuchar +6600
Louis Oosthuizen +6600
Bryson DeChambeau +6600
Patrick Cantlay +6600
Xander Schauffele +6600
Field (Any other player) +600
- NFL Week 15 Parlay Free Pick - December 14, 2018
- Top 5 Betting Trends for NFL Week 15 - December 14, 2018
- Top 5 Betting Trends for NCAA Football Dec. 15, 2018 - December 14, 2018
- Will the College Football Playoff expand to eight teams for 2020 regular season? - December 14, 2018
- NFL Week 16 Betting Odds: Look-ahead Lines - December 14, 2018
- UFC Fight Night Sat December 15, 2018: Lee vs Iaquinta 2 – Fight Preview-Podcast-Free Fight Picks - December 11, 2018
- UFC 232 Jones vs Gustafsson – Full Main Card Preview & Fight Picks Podcast - December 11, 2018
- Best Teaser Pick for Week 15 – NFL Betting Odds - December 10, 2018
- NCAA Basketball: Top College Basketball Games To Bet On Dec. 10-Dec. 16 - December 9, 2018
- Best Teaser Pick for Week 14 – NFL Betting Odds - December 7, 2018