Arizona Diamondbacks at Atlanta Braves Odds
Vegas is listing Arizona (+120) as the underdog to Atlanta (-130). Bettors can wager on the game’s total with odds sitting at +105 for over nine runs and -125 for under nine. Bettors can also wager on the game’s spread with the current runline odds sitting at -175 for the Diamondbacks +1.5 runs and +155 for the Braves -1.5.
The Diamondbacks are 51-43 SU and are 48-45 against the spread (ATS). They’ve accumulated 5.8 units for moneyline bettors and 7.3 units ATS. The Braves, on the other hand, are 51-40 SU and 48-42 ATS. They’ve gained 14.8 units for bettors taking the moneyline and 3.7 units ATS.
Braves games have had an over/under record of 45-41-4 so far in 2018. Arizona has an over/under record of 44-44-5.
The right-handed Zack Godley is the projected starter for Arizona. Godley (10-6, 4.80 ERA) has recorded 101 strikeouts in 99.1 innings so far. He has yet to face the Braves this year and only made one start against them in 2017 (0-1, 9.00 ERA and nine strikeouts over six innings).
The Braves will turn to righty Anibal Sanchez (4-2, 2.72 ERA) to the mound. Sanchez has 56 strikeouts and 19 walks to his name, as well as a 1.04 WHIP. Sanchez did not record a start against the Diamondbacks in 2017.
As a unit, Atlanta’s pitching staff has yielded 4.2 runs per game overall this season. The club’s starting pitching staff has an ERA of 3.62, a WHIP of 1.25 and a strikeouts-per-nine of 8.8. The bullpen has a 4.30 ERA, 1.35 WHIP and 9.0 K/9.
Atlanta’s offense has produced 4.9 runs per outing, including 4.3 per game over its last 10 games and 4.6 per game over its last five. The team has hit .276/.363/.400 over its last five matchups and is 2-3 SU during that span.
The Braves’ offense has been led by Nick Markakis, who is slashing .322/.388/.492 with 10 home runs, 60 RBIs and 55 runs scored.
For the visitors, Arizona’s pitchers have allowed 4.0 runs per game and its starters own a 4.16 ERA, 1.29 WHIP and 9.28 K/9. The bullpen has an excellent ERA of just 2.88, along with a WHIP of 1.29.
The Diamondbacks offense has slashed .231/.311/.397 on its way to 4.4 runs scored per game in 2018, including 4.8 runs per game over the team’s last 10 games and 6.2 per game over the team’s last five outings (2-3 SU).
Paul Goldschmidt has led Arizona’s offense and is slashing .284/.390/.545 with 21 home runs, 52 RBIs and 61 runs scored.
The Braves are coming off of a 9-5 win against the Blue Jays, while the Diamondbacks just dropped a 5-1 game to the Rockies.
Arizona Diamondbacks vs. Atlanta Braves Pick
Predictions: SU Winner – Braves, ATS Winner – Diamondbacks, O/U – OVER
The under has cashed in three of Arizona’s last seven games.
The Diamondbacks have hit 11 home runs in their last 10 games, including nine over their last five.
Atlanta has posted 21.3 Runs + Hits + Errors per game over its last 10 outings and 23.4 over its last five.
The Diamondbacks have lost three of their last four games SU.
- East Tennessee State Buccaneers at UNCG Spartans ATS Preview 02/24/19 - February 26, 2019
- Villanova Wildcats vs. Xavier Musketeers ATS Preview 02/24/19 - February 26, 2019
- Florida A&M Rattlers at South Carolina State Bulldogs Game Preview 02/18/19 - February 19, 2019
- Georgia Bulldogs at Texas A&M Aggies Betting Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Davidson Wildcats at Fordham Rams Betting Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- LSU Tigers at Kentucky Wildcats Free Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Michigan Wolverines at Penn State Nittany Lions Free Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Eastern Michigan Eagles at Ohio Bobcats Free Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Arkansas Razorbacks vs. Missouri Tigers Betting Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Purdue Boilermakers at Maryland Terrapins Odds Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019