Atlanta Braves at Washington Nationals Odds
Oddsmakers have listed Atlanta (+200) as the underdog to Washington (-220). Bettors are able to wager on the game’s total with odds listed at -105 for over 7.5 runs and -115 for under 7.5. Runline odds sit at -110 for taking the Braves +1.5 runs and -110 for the Nationals -1.5 runs.
The Nationals are 48-49 straight up (SU) and 44-53 against the spread (ATS). They’ve lost 19.6 units for bettors taking the moneyline and 12.2 units (ATS). The Braves have gone 53-42 SU this year and are 50-44 ATS. In total, the team’s accumulated 15.3 units for moneyline bettors and 3.1 units ATS.
Nationals games have an over/under record of 39-56-2 so far in 2018. Atlanta has an over/under record of 46-44-4.
Mike Foltynewicz will get the start for Atlanta. The right-handed Foltynewicz is 7-5 with a 2.66 ERA and 120 strikeouts. He’s 2-1 with 22 strikeouts and a 1.40 ERA against Washington this year (three starts).
The Nationals are putting the ball in the left hand of Gio Gonzalez (6-6, 3.72 ERA, 1.46 WHIP), who’s got 94 strikeouts and 48 walks this season. Gonzalez is 0-0 with nine strikeouts and a 3.86 ERA in one start against Atlanta this year.
Atlanta’s pitching staff allowed 4.1 runs per game and its starting pitchers own a 3.57 ERA, 1.25 WHIP and 8.74 K/9. The bullpen has an ERA of 4.26, along with a K-per-9 of 9.02.
The Braves offense has slashed .259/.328/.421 on its way to 4.9 runs scored per game in 2018, including 5.2 runs per game against divisional foes and 4.6 per game over the team’s last five contests (3-2 SU).
Atlanta’s hitters have been led by right fielder Nick Markakis and first baseman Freddie Freeman. Markakis is slashing .323/.387/.485 with 10 home runs, 62 RBIs and 55 runs scored, while Freeman (.316/.405/.534) has produced 16 homers, 64 RBIs and 60 runs scored.
In the home-team dugout, Washington’s pitchers have yielded 4.1 runs per game overall in 2018. Its starting pitching staff has an ERA of 4.06, a WHIP of 1.25 and a strikeouts-per-nine of 9.2. The bullpen has a 3.65 ERA, 1.18 WHIP and 8.7 K/9. In 38 games against NL East opponents, Nationals starters have an ERA of 4.89 and the bullpen’s ERA is 4.27.
The Washington hitters are putting up 4.4 runs per contest, including 4.9 per game against divisional foes and 4.4 per game over their last five. The team has hit .254/.323/.432 over its last five games and is 2-3 SU during that span.
Shortstop Trea Turner and third baseman Anthony Rendon have led the Nationals’ batters this year. Turner is hitting .267/.343/.408 with 12 home runs, 40 RBIs, 56 runs and 22 steals, and Rendon’s line sits at .285/.350/.522 with 15 homers, 45 RBIs and 45 runs scored.
The Braves have gained 4.0 units and are 13-14 ATS when facing a left-handed starting pitcher this season. The over has cashed in 15 of those games, as opposed to 12 that’ve hit the under in such games. On the other hand, the Nationals have lost 4.8 units and are 34-35 ATS when facing a right-handed starting pitcher. The over’s hit in 27 of those games, compared to 41 that’ve cashed the under.
Atlanta Braves at Washington Nationals Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Nationals, ATS Winner – Braves, O/U – OVER
The over has cashed in three of Atlanta’s last seven contests.
Washington has recorded 23.4 Runs + Hits + Errors per game over its last 10 contests and 21.6 over its last five.
The Braves have hit five home runs in their last 10 games, including five over their last five.
- Mississippi Valley State Delta Devils vs. Hawaii Rainbow Warriors Odds Preview 12/16/18 - December 16, 2018
- Norfolk State Spartans at Loyola Chicago Ramblers Free Preview 12/16/18 - December 16, 2018
- Cleveland State Vikings at Illinois State Redbirds Betting Preview 12/16/18 - December 16, 2018
- Cornell Big Red vs. Niagara Purple Eagles Odds Preview 12/16/18 - December 16, 2018
- Miami (OH) RedHawks vs. Northern Kentucky Norse Free Preview 12/16/18 - December 16, 2018
- Samford Bulldogs vs. Auburn Tigers Odds Preview 12/16/18 - December 16, 2018
- FGCU Eagles vs. UMBC Retrievers Free Preview 12/16/18 - December 16, 2018
- UC Riverside Highlanders vs. UTEP Miners Free Preview 12/16/18 - December 16, 2018
- Drexel Dragons vs. Quinnipiac Bobcats Odds Preview 12/16/18 - December 16, 2018
- Troy Trojans vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers Odds Preview 12/16/18 - December 16, 2018