Last week’s winning college football teaser makes me 5-5 this season. It turned out I didn’t need the points with either leg, so a parlay would have made me much more money. Wyoming had no trouble shutting down San Jose State’s offense in a 24-9 win, while Cincinnati routed Navy 42-0 with a great defensive effort as well. A winning teaser pick in Week 11 will put my plays above .500 for the first time since Week 5, so here’s the best teaser pick for Week 11.
Week 1 Teaser: Loser
Week 2 Teaser: Winner
Week 3 Teaser: Winner
Week 4 Teaser: Winner
Week 5 Teaser: Loser
Week 6 Teaser: Loser
Week 7 Teaser: Loser
Week 8 Teaser: Winner
Week 9 Teaser: Loser
Week 10 Teaser: Winner
College Football Teaser Betting Odds (Courtesy of BetDSI)
7-point teaser option at -130 betting odds
Kansas State -3.5 vs. Kansas
Penn State -2.5 vs. Wisconsin
Kansas has already announced that it will cut ties with David Beaty at the end of the season. Beaty has barely been able to get any traction in Lawrence, and he has gone just 6-39 over the better part of four years on campus. What’s even more incredible is that this has been his best year yet in terms of record. Kansas is 3-6 this season, and the school posted back-to-back wins for the first time in nearly a decade.
It sounds crazy to say this, but the Jayhawks are incredibly lucky to have three wins. They have been just as bad as usual this year, yet they have been on the positive end of lots of turnover luck, and that has played a role in the three wins. Kansas has been the beneficiary of 23 turnovers this season, tied for the second-highest total in the nation, and they were +6 in turnovers against Central Michigan, +6 in turnovers against Rutgers, and were outgained by TCU by 200 yards, yet won thanks to two costly Horned Frogs turnovers.
This is one of Bill Snyder’s worst Kansas State teams in a while, but the Wildcats play sound football and don’t turn the ball over. They have been competitive in three of their last four losses, and have been a bit unlucky. The cure for those ills should be a Kansas defense that has been awful once again this season.
For the second part of the teaser, I love Penn State this week. The Nittany Lions are coming off a drubbing at the hands of Michigan, but the Badgers defense is much worse than that of the Wolverines and that should lead to more options for Trace McSorley. McSorley had the worst game of his career last week, but he should be a dangerous dual-threat once again against Wisconsin this week.
The Badgers are going to be very predictable on offense in this one. Starting quarterback Alex Hornibrook is questionable due to a concussion, and he played poorly last week against Rutgers. They are going to try to run the ball behind their established offensive line full of future NFL draft picks with Jonathan Taylor, but good defenses have been able to stack the box and force the offense into tough spots.
Penn State has a top 20 defense in the country according to S&P+, and I see them shutting down Wisconsin here.
- The Blues Send the Jets to the Golf Course and More - April 21, 2019
- Avalanche Extinguish the Flames and More - April 20, 2019
- Hurricanes Tie the Series, Blues Comeback Against the Jets and More - April 19, 2019
- Colorado Stuns Calgary in Overtime, Boston Evens the Series and More - April 18, 2019
- Tampa Bay Lightning Complete Biggest Postseason Collapse in History and More - April 17, 2019
- Avalanche Snuff Out the Flames, Hurricanes Crush the Capitals and More - April 16, 2019
- Tampa Bay, Pittsburgh on the Verge of Being Swept and More - April 15, 2019
- Overtime Rules the Night, Kadri Possibly Suspended and More - April 14, 2019
- Kucherov Facing a Possible Suspension, Penguins Go Down 0-2 and More - April 13, 2019
- Lightning Gear Up for Game 2, Flames Blank the Avalanche and More - April 12, 2019