It’s been an up and down season for the Indianapolis Colts, who welcomed the return of franchise quarterback Andrew Luck after he had surgery to repair a lingering issue with his right shoulder after the 2016 season and missed the entire 2017 campaign.
The Colts consistently held tough with their early-season opponents, but they started with a mere 1-5 record. It seemed Frank Reich’s job security was in question, and some naysayers even questioned whether the team should stick with Luck as its quarterback of the future.
Indy, however, bounced back with a vengeance. The Colts went on a tear, winning five straight. Following a 23-0 beat-down of the Dallas Cowboys on Sunday, the Colts now possess an 8-6 record. They look like one of the best teams in the AFC.
Luck, too, looks excellent. The Stanford product and 2012 No. 1 overall pick is having a very strong bounce-back year. He’s completing a career-best 67.3 percent of his passes. What’s more, he has tossed 34 touchdowns with only 13 interceptions.
Though Indy has surged to win seven of its last eight games, when it comes to the postseason, the Colts are currently on the outside looking in. Baltimore, which is also 8-6, holds the tiebreaker with Indy for the final playoff spot.
If the season ended today, the Colts and the Titans (who are also 8-6) would be the first two teams out. With the Colts, Ravens, and Titans all log-jammed at 8-6 — and several other teams lingering close by — the race for the final AFC spots should be fascinating.
So, will Luck and his Colts push over the hump in the final two weeks to make the playoffs? Will they beat out the competition?
Sportsbook BetDSI has released new odds on the Colts’ postseason chances. The oddsmakers, as you’d expect, don’t favor Indy to make the playoffs. Check out the most up-to-date line below.
Will Indianapolis Colts qualify for 2018-19 NFL Playoffs?
- Betting Odds: Will The Tennessee Titans Make The Playoffs? - December 18, 2018
- Betting Odds: Will The Indianapolis Colts Make The Playoffs? - December 18, 2018
- Sports Betting Tips With Chris Sheridan Episode 30: The Post-Valanciunas Raptors - December 16, 2018
- Sports Betting Tips With Chris Sheridan Episode 29: Bulls Coaching Change - December 4, 2018
- Luca Doncic is Now Odds-On Favorite for NBA Rookie of the Year Betting - November 30, 2018
- Sports Betting Tips With Chris Sheridan Episode 28: Fultz & The Sixers - November 29, 2018
- Betting Odds for Oklahoma, Georgia, Ohio State, UCF and Texas CFP Chances - November 26, 2018
- Sports Betting Tips With Chris Sheridan Episode 27: Tiger-Phil Showdown - November 22, 2018
- Sports Betting Tips With Chris Sheridan Episode 26: Carmelo Anthony’s Future - November 16, 2018
- Free Agency Betting Odds: Where Will Kevin Durant Play Next, Lakers Are Favorites - November 16, 2018