In their third and last head-to-head meeting of the regular season, the Boston Bruins and the Carolina Hurricanes clash at PNC Arena in an Eastern Conference showdown. The puck drops at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, March 13, and you’ll be able to see the game live on Sportsnet ONE.
Boston Bruins at Carolina Hurricanes Odds
Boston is 43-24 straight up (SU) and has earned 8.3 units for moneyline bettors this year. 35 of its games have gone under the total, while 31 have gone over and just one has pushed. The Bruins are 18-13 SU as an away team in 2017-18.
Boston has converted on 22.0 percent of its power play chances this year, a figure that places them in the top-10 among NHL teams. Its penalty kill is ranked ninth overall, and it has successfully killed off 82.5 percent of all penalties.
The Bruins, as a collective unit, have been whistled for penalties 3.9 times per game this season, 4.4 per game over its past five total, and 3.6 per game over its last five games as the visiting team. The team has been forced to kill penalties just 8.2 minutes per contest over their last five road games.
With a .918 save percentage and 25.2 saves per game, Tuukka Rask (28-16-4) has been the top option in goal for Boston this year. If Boston chooses to rest him, however, the team could roll with Anton Khudobin (15-11-4), who has a .918 save percentage and 2.48 goals against average this year.
Brad Marchand and David Pastrnak will both lead the offensive attack for the visiting Bruins. Marchand (69 points) is up to 29 goals and 40 assists, and has recorded multiple points 20 times. Pastrnak has 24 goals and 40 assists to his creditand has registered at least one point in 44 games.
Over on the other bench, Carolina is 30-39 straight up (SU) and has lost 12.7 units for moneyline bettors this year. 38 of its contests have gone under the total, while 28 have gone over and just two have pushed. This season, the team’s 16-18 SU as the home team.
The Hurricanes have converted on just 19.3 percent of their power play chances this year, a figure that’s right around league average. On the other hand, its penalty kill is ranked 24th overall, and it’s successfully killed off 78.0 percent of all penalties.
Hurricanes players have been sent to the penalty box only 2.8 times per game in total this season, 2.4 per game over their last five match ups total, and 2.6 per game over their last five at home. The team’s had to kill penalties just 6.4 minutes per game over their last 10 outings.
Cam Ward (24.8 saves per game) has been the top option in goal for the Hurricanes. Ward has 19 wins, 17 losses, and four OT losses to his credit and has registered a fairly-weak .907 save percentage and 2.70 goals against average this year.
Teuvo Teravainen (20 goals, 34 assists) will lead the offensive counter for the host team.
Boston Bruins vs. Carolina Hurricanes Free Picks
Pick: SU Winner – Bruins, O/U – Over
Carolina is 3-3 in games decided by a shootout this season while Boston is 3-2 in shootouts.
The total has gone under in four of Carolina’s last five games.
Over Carolina’s last ten outings, six of them have been decided by two or more goals (the team is 2-4 in those games).
Boston skaters have accounted for the league’s ninth-most hits per game (23.9), but that number’s down to just 19.8 hits over their last five away games.
- Notre Dame Fighting Irish vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets ATS Preview 01/22/19 - January 22, 2019
- San Diego State Aztecs vs. Fresno State Bulldogs Free Preview 01/22/19 - January 22, 2019
- Bowling Green Falcons at Eastern Michigan Eagles ATS Preview 01/22/19 - January 22, 2019
- Miami (OH) RedHawks vs. Ball State Cardinals Betting Preview 01/22/19 - January 22, 2019
- Central Michigan Chippewas vs. Akron Zips Odds Preview 01/22/19 - January 22, 2019
- Boise State Broncos vs. Air Force Falcons ATS Preview 01/22/19 - January 22, 2019
- Wichita State Shockers vs. South Florida Bulls Betting Preview 01/22/19 - January 22, 2019
- Western Michigan Broncos vs. Ohio Bobcats ATS Preview 01/22/19 - January 22, 2019
- Saint Peter’s Peacocks vs. Niagara Purple Eagles Odds Preview 01/22/19 - January 22, 2019
- Minnesota Golden Gophers at Michigan Wolverines Betting Preview 01/22/19 - January 22, 2019