A pair of teams that each played last night, the Boston Bruins and the New Jersey Devils clash at the Prudential Center for an Eastern Conference tilt. The match gets going at 7 p.m. ET on Sunday, February 11, and fans at home can witness it live on MSG Plus 2.
Boston Bruins at New Jersey Devils Odds
Boston is 33-20 straight up (SU) and has earned moneyline bettors 8.9 units this season. 29 of its games have gone under the total, while 22 have gone over and just one has pushed. The Bruins are 15-9 SU on the road in 2017-18.
Boston has converted on 21.5 percent of its power play opportunities this season, a mark that’s good enough for 10th-best in the league. On the other hand, it has the fourth-best penalty kill in the league, and it has successfully killed off 83.1 percent of all penalties.
For the team as a whole, Boston has been penalized 3.8 times per game overall this season, and 2.8 per game over its last five road outings. The team has been forced to defend opponent power plays just 6.2 minutes per game over their last 10 outings.
Averaging 25.4 saves per game with a .924 save percentage, Tuukka Rask (22-14-4) has been the best option in goal for Boston this year. Rask played last night, however, so Boston might choose to rest him and roll with Anton Khudobin instead (11-8-4 record, .925 save percentage, 2.28 goals against average).
Brad Marchand and David Pastrnak will both spearhead the attack for the visiting Bruins. Marchand (52 points) is up to 21 goals and 31 assists, and has recorded multiple points in 17 different games. Pastrnak has 21 goals and 30 assists to his creditand has logged at least one point in 37 games.
On the other bench, New Jersey is 27-27 straight up (SU) and has earned moneyline bettors 3.0 units this season. Through 54 regular season matches, 27 of its games have gone over the total, while 25 have gone under and just one has pushed. The team’s 15-12 SU at home this year.
New Jersey has converted on 20.7 percent of its power play opportunities this year, a figure that’s right around league average. Its penalty kill is also ranked 14th overall, and it’s successfully killed off 81.8 percent of all penalties.
New Jersey players have been whistled for penalties 3.9 times per game in total this season, and 2.4 per game over their last five home outings. The team has been forced to kill penalties 8.7 minutes per game over their last 10 outings.
Cory Schneider (28.9 saves per game) has been the top choice in goal for New Jersey. Schneider has 18 wins, 17 losses, and six overtime losses to his name and has registered a .913 save percentage and 2.79 goals against average this year.
Taylor Hall (20 goals, 34 assists) will lead the attack for the Devils.
Boston Bruins vs. New Jersey Devils Betting Picks
Free Pick: SU Winner – Bruins, O/U – Under
Boston is 3-2 in games decided by a shootout this season while New Jersey is 3-4 in shootouts.
The under has hit in three of New Jersey’s last five outings.
New Jersey has allowed 3.1 goals per game this season, but has allowed 4.7 goals per contest over its three-game losing skid.
Seven of Boston’s last ten games have been decided by two goals or more. The team is 5-2 in those games.
Boston skaters have accounted for the league’s eighth-most hits per game (24.1).
- Appalachian State Mountaineers vs. Little Rock Trojans Odds Preview 02/24/18 - February 24, 2018
- San Jose Sharks vs. Chicago Blackhawks Game Preview 2/23/18 - February 23, 2018
- Minnesota Wild vs. New York Rangers Betting Preview 2/23/18 - February 23, 2018
- Minnesota Timberwolves vs. Houston Rockets Betting Preview 02/23/18 - February 23, 2018
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Memphis Grizzlies Betting Preview 02/23/18 - February 23, 2018
- Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Carolina Hurricanes Free Preview 2/23/18 - February 23, 2018
- Winnipeg Jets at St. Louis Blues Free Pick 2/23/18 - February 23, 2018
- Vancouver Canucks vs. Vegas Golden Knights Game Preview 2/23/18 - February 23, 2018
- San Antonio Spurs vs. Denver Nuggets Betting Preview 02/23/18 - February 23, 2018
- Marist Red Foxes at Niagara Purple Eagles Odds Preview 02/23/18 - February 23, 2018