The Boston Celtics appear to be comfortably positioned in a playoff spot but they have been in a tailspin over the past couple of weeks. Boston is coming off a loss to the Rockets which was their fifth loss in their last six outings. Since their 10-1 run ended in early February, the Celtics are a woeful 3-7 and their recent ATS record is less than inspiring.
Meanwhile, the Warriors continue to run away with the Pacific Division. However, like Boston, Golden State is also going through a cold spell going 3-4 in their last seven games. Those who have backed them ATS over the past 13 games have really taken it on the chin as the Warriors have covered just twice during that stretch. Boston and Golden State will both be looking to get back on track when they face each other on Tuesday.
These two teams don’t meet that often but they usually put on an entertaining show when they do go head-to-head. Their last three meetings have been decided by four points and six of their last eight have been decided by five or less. Spread bettors will be interested to know that the Celtics are 8-3-1 ATS in the last dozen games against the Warriors and totals bettors will want to consider the fact that the Under is 11-2 in the last 13 games including the last six straight. Golden State has won three of the last five head-to-head meetings against Boston at home but they failed to cover the spread in all of those matches. The Under is 5-1 in the last six games between these two teams in Golden State.
The Warriors have a respectable 23-8 record at home this year but they have been absolutely terrible ATS. They started the season on a roll ATS but they are just 6-18-1 ATS in their last 25 home games. They might be getting the wins but that is little consolation to those who bet on them ATS. The road hasn’t been too kind to Boston as reflected in their 14-16 road record. They have dropped 9 of their last 14 away from home and are 4-9-1 ATS in that time. The Under has prevailed in eight of Boston’s last nine road games.
While spread bettors might not have too many reasons to pull the trigger on Boston ATS at this point, they should keep in mind that Boston has been paying off this season as road dogs. They are 15-10 ATS in this spot and have covered four of their last five as a road dog. This contrasts with Golden State’s 4-15-1 ATS record as a home favorite since late November. In other words, Boston tends to lose and cover as a road dog while the Warriors win but fail to cover as a home favorite. This game should be a relatively low-scoring affair that goes down to the wire.
My Pick: Boston Celtics ATS
- Will the Lakers land these superstars in free agency? - March 13, 2019
- Where will Anthony Davis play in the 2019-2020 season? - March 11, 2019
- Oklahoma at Portland: More points Russell Westbrook or Damian Lillard? - March 6, 2019
- Boston at Golden State: Betting Odds, Preview and Pick - March 4, 2019
- Warriors at 76ers: Total 3’s from Curry and Thompson - February 28, 2019
- Will Giannis Antetokounmpo record a double-double against the Lakers? - February 25, 2019
- Celtics at Raptors: Kyrie Irving vs. Kawhi Leonard More Total Points - February 24, 2019
- Houston at Golden State: Will James harden score over 33 points? - February 22, 2019
- Houston at Los Angeles: LeBron James total points O/U 26.5 - February 18, 2019
- Boston at Milwaukee: How many points and rebounds for Jayson Tatum? - February 18, 2019