The Boston Red Sox are paying a visit to Camden Yards to face their AL East nemesis Baltimore Orioles. New England Sports Network will be televising the action. The game gets underway at 1:05 p.m. ET.
Boston Red Sox at Baltimore Orioles Odds
Vegas is listing Boston (-375) as the favorite over Baltimore (+300). The total is sitting at 8.5 runs and bettors can take the over for -120 and the under for an even +100. Runline odds sit at -220 for betting the Red Sox -1.5 runs and +180 for the Orioles +1.5 runs.
The Red Sox are 81-35 SU and have gone 71-46 against the spread (ATS). They’ve gained 30.8 units for bettors taking the moneyline and 25.5 units ATS. Boston has covered the spread six times in its last seven games and the total has gone over in four of those seven. The Orioles, on the other hand, are 35-80 SU and 50-66 ATS. The team’s lost 38.5 units for bettors taking the moneyline and 25.4 units ATS. Baltimore has covered the spread four times in its last seven games and the over has hit in five of those seven.
Orioles games have a 52-60-4 over/under record in 2018. The Red Sox have an over/under record of 55-58-4.
Boston’s pitchers have allowed 3.7 runs per game and its starters own a 3.59 ERA, 1.19 WHIP and 9.53 K/9. The bullpen has an ERA of 3.35, along with a WHIP of 1.19 and a K/9 of 9.62.
The Red Sox offense has slashed .269/.340/.461 on its way to 5.4 runs scored per game this season, including 5.5 runs per game against divisional foes and 6.8 per game over the team’s last five outings (4-1 SU).
Boston’s hitters have been paced by J.D. Martinez and Mookie Betts, who collectively have belted 62 home runs. Martinez is hitting .331/.397/.657 with 35 home runs, 99 RBIs and 83 runs scored, while Betts (.347/.434/.668) is up to 27 homers, 59 RBIs, 95 runs and 22 steals.
For the home team, Baltimore’s pitching staff has yielded 5.3 runs per game overall this year. Its starters have an ERA of 5.33, a WHIP of 1.48 and a strikeouts-per-nine of 7.3. The bullpen has a 4.34 ERA, 1.50 WHIP and 8.3 K/9. In 50 divisional games, Orioles starters have an ERA of 5.49 and the bullpen’s ERA is 3.96.
Baltimore’s offense has produced 3.9 runs per outing, including 4.4 per game against divisional foes and 4.4 per game over its last five. The team’s hit .233/.269/.466 over its last five contests and is 2-3 SU during that span.
The Orioles’ offense has been led by right fielder Adam Jones and shortstop Manny Machado. Jones is slashing .281/.310/.430 with 12 home runs, 45 RBIs and 44 runs scored, and Machado’s line sits at .315/.387/.575 with 24 homers, 65 RBIs and 48 runs scored.
Boston Red Sox at Baltimore Orioles MLB Pick
Predictions: SU Winner – Red Sox, ATS Winner – Red Sox, O/U – OVER
The under has cashed in only two of Baltimore’s last seven games.
Baltimore has recorded 25.0 Runs + Hits + Errors per game over its last 10 contests and 19.6 over its last five.
The Red Sox have hit 13 home runs in their last 10 games, including nine over their last five.
- Detroit Red Wings at Montreal Canadiens Betting Preview 10/15/18 - October 15, 2018
- Milwaukee Brewers vs. Los Angeles Dodgers Free Preview 10/15/18 - October 15, 2018
- Los Angeles Kings vs. Toronto Maple Leafs Free Prediction 10/15/18 - October 15, 2018
- Dallas Stars vs. Ottawa Senators Matchup Preview 10/15/18 - October 15, 2018
- Minnesota Wild vs. Nashville Predators Game Preview 10/15/18 - October 15, 2018
- Anaheim Ducks vs. St. Louis Blues Free Prediction 10/14/18 - October 14, 2018
- San Jose Sharks vs. New Jersey Devils Game Preview 10/14/18 - October 14, 2018
- Carolina Hurricanes vs. Winnipeg Jets Free Preview 10/14/18 - October 14, 2018
- Houston Astros vs. Boston Red Sox Matchup 10/14/18 - October 14, 2018
- Week 6 Free Betting Preview – Kansas City Chiefs at New England Patriots - October 13, 2018