The Boston Red Sox are squaring off against the New York Yankees in Game 3 of the MLB Divisional Playoffs. The series is currently tied 1-1. This matchup is scheduled to begin at 7:40 p.m. ET and will be televised on TBS..
Boston Red Sox vs. New York Yankees Odds
Boston (+160) is hosting this one as the underdog to New York (-170) and Vegas has set the Over/Under for this night game at 8.5 runs (-110 for both the over and the under). The game’s runline odds sit at -135 for picking the Red Sox +1.5 runs and +115 for the Yankees -1.5.
Factoring in the regular season, the Red Sox have gone 109-55 SU this year and are 94-70 against the spread (ATS). They’ve accumulated 31.6 units for moneyline gamblers and 21.2 units ATS. The Yankees, on the other hand, are 102-63 SU and 83-82 ATS. The team’s lost 8.1 units for bettors taking the moneyline and 9.9 units ATS.
Neither team has been a strong over/under bet this year. New York games have an over/under record of 79-79-7 in 2018. Boston has an over/under record of 78-78-8.
Right-hander Nathan Eovaldi is the projected starter for Boston. Eovaldi is 6-7 with a 3.81 ERA and 101 strikeouts. He’s 1-1 with 18 strikeouts and a 1.93 ERA against New York this year (four starts).
The Yankees will send righty Luis Severino (19-8, 3.39 ERA) to the hill. Severino has 220 strikeouts and 46 walks to his credit, as well as a 1.14 WHIP. Severino is 2-2 with 31 strikeouts and a 3.56 ERA over five starts against Boston this year.
Fueled by a team slash line of .213/.284/.344, Boston has scored 3.5 runs per game through two postseason outings. New York is hitting .253/.357/.475 over three games and the team has managed 5.7 runs during this year’s playoffs.
The Yankees bullpen has registered an ERA of 1.80 and a WHIP of 0.93 this postseason, while Red Sox relievers have performed significantly worse with a 4.09 ERA and 1.64 WHIP.
J.D. Martinez and Mookie Betts continue to lead Boston’s offense. Martinez is slashing .331/.402/.631 with 44 home runs, 133 RBIs and 112 runs scored, while Betts is hitting .343 with 32 homers, 80 RBIs, 130 runs and 30 stolen bases.
The Yankees’ hitters have been led by Miguel Andujar and Giancarlo Stanton. Andujar is slashing .297/.330/.524 with 27 home runs, 92 RBIs and 83 runs scored, while Stanton’s line sits at .265/.342/.508 with 39 homers, 101 RBIs and 106 runs.
The Yankees took Game 2 of this series by tripling up the Red Sox 6-2.
Boston Red Sox at New York Yankees MLB Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Yankees, ATS Winner – Red Sox, O/U – OVER
The over has hit in six of New York’s last seven games.
New York has recorded 26.2 Runs + Hits + Errors per game over its last 10 outings and 22.2 over its last five.
The Red Sox have hit 15 home runs in their last 10 games. The Yankees have hit 22 over their last 10.
- Mississippi Valley State Delta Devils vs. Hawaii Rainbow Warriors Odds Preview 12/16/18 - December 16, 2018
- Norfolk State Spartans at Loyola Chicago Ramblers Free Preview 12/16/18 - December 16, 2018
- Cleveland State Vikings at Illinois State Redbirds Betting Preview 12/16/18 - December 16, 2018
- Cornell Big Red vs. Niagara Purple Eagles Odds Preview 12/16/18 - December 16, 2018
- Miami (OH) RedHawks vs. Northern Kentucky Norse Free Preview 12/16/18 - December 16, 2018
- Samford Bulldogs vs. Auburn Tigers Odds Preview 12/16/18 - December 16, 2018
- FGCU Eagles vs. UMBC Retrievers Free Preview 12/16/18 - December 16, 2018
- UC Riverside Highlanders vs. UTEP Miners Free Preview 12/16/18 - December 16, 2018
- Drexel Dragons vs. Quinnipiac Bobcats Odds Preview 12/16/18 - December 16, 2018
- Troy Trojans vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers Odds Preview 12/16/18 - December 16, 2018