The Boston Red Sox will be squaring off against the New York Yankees in Game 4 of the American League Divisional Series. The visiting Red Sox (up 2-1) are just one win away from reaching the ALCS. This elimination matchup is scheduled to begin at 8:07 p.m. ET and will be broadcasted on TBS.
Boston Red Sox at New York Yankees Odds
The right-handed Rick Porcello will get the start for the visiting Red Sox. Porcello is 17-7 with a 4.28 ERA and 190 strikeouts. He’s 2-0 with 20 strikeouts and a 2.31 ERA against New York this year (four starts).
The Yankees will be sending lefty CC Sabathia (9-7, 3.65 ERA) to the mound. Sabathia has 140 strikeouts and 51 walks to his credit, as well as a 1.31 WHIP. Sabathia is 1-0 with 12 strikeouts and a 4.50 ERA across three starts against Boston this year.
With a team slash line of .295/.378/.448, the Red Sox have produced 7.7 runs per game through three postseason games. New York is hitting .231/.320/.400 over four games and the team has put up 4.5 runs during the 2018 playoffs.
The Yankees bullpen (9.7 K/9) has registered a postseason ERA of 5.57 and a WHIP of 1.48, while Red Sox relievers (6.4 K/9) have fared noticeably better with a 3.46 ERA and 1.46 WHIP.
Boston’s offense has been sparked by J.D. Martinez and Mookie Betts, who’ve collectively belted 76 home runs. Martinez is slashing .331/.403/.629 with 44 home runs, 135 RBIs and 112 runs scored, while Betts (.344/.436/.633) has produced 32 homers, 82 RBIs, 132 runs and 30 stolen bases.
The Yankees’ batters have been led by Miguel Andujar and Giancarlo Stanton. Andujar is hitting .295/.328/.521 with 27 home runs, 92 RBIs and 83 runs scored, and Stanton’s line is .267/.343/.508 with 39 homers, 101 RBIs and 106 runs.
The Red Sox are coming off of a 16-1 victory in Game .
Boston Red Sox vs. New York Yankees Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Yankees, ATS Winner – Red Sox, O/U – OVER
Boston has logged 21 extra-base hits over its last five games. New York has 11 XBH over its last five.
The Red Sox have won three of their last four games SU.
Boston has posted 28.7 Runs + Hits + Errors per game over its last 10 outings and 29.2 over its last five.
The Red Sox have hit 14 home runs in their last 10 games. The Yankees have hit 21 over their last 10.
- Detroit Red Wings at Montreal Canadiens Betting Preview 10/15/18 - October 15, 2018
- Milwaukee Brewers vs. Los Angeles Dodgers Free Preview 10/15/18 - October 15, 2018
- Los Angeles Kings vs. Toronto Maple Leafs Free Prediction 10/15/18 - October 15, 2018
- Dallas Stars vs. Ottawa Senators Matchup Preview 10/15/18 - October 15, 2018
- Minnesota Wild vs. Nashville Predators Game Preview 10/15/18 - October 15, 2018
- Anaheim Ducks vs. St. Louis Blues Free Prediction 10/14/18 - October 14, 2018
- San Jose Sharks vs. New Jersey Devils Game Preview 10/14/18 - October 14, 2018
- Carolina Hurricanes vs. Winnipeg Jets Free Preview 10/14/18 - October 14, 2018
- Houston Astros vs. Boston Red Sox Matchup 10/14/18 - October 14, 2018
- Week 6 Free Betting Preview – Kansas City Chiefs at New England Patriots - October 13, 2018