The Boston Red Sox will square off against their division rival New York Yankees at Yankee Stadium. New England Sports Network will be televising the action and the game gets underway at 7:05 p.m. ET.
Boston Red Sox vs. New York Yankees Odds
The Red Sox are 103-49 SU and have gone 88-63 against the spread (ATS). They’ve gained 35.3 units for moneyline gamblers and 23.4 units ATS. The Yankees, on the other hand, are 93-58 SU and 73-77 ATS. They’ve lost 10.8 units for moneyline bettors and 14.3 units ATS.
New York games have an over/under record of 67-76-7 in 2018. Boston has also been a decent under bet with a total record of 68-75-8.
Southpaw Eduardo Rodriguez is getting the nod for the visiting Red Sox. Rodriguez (12-4, 3.53 ERA) has recorded 133 punchouts in 119.2 innings so far. He’s 0-1 with 10 strikeouts and a 4.09 ERA against New York this year (two starts).
The Yankees are handing the ball to righty Masahiro Tanaka (12-5, 3.47 ERA), who has 152 strikeouts and 34 walks, as well as a 1.09 WHIP. Tanaka is 1-0 with 15 strikeouts and a 6.60 ERA over three starts against Boston this year.
As a unit, New York’s pitchers have given up 4.0 runs per game overall this year. The team’s starters have a 4.02 ERA, 1.25 WHIP and 9.2 strikeouts per nine innings. The bullpen has a 3.24 ERA, 1.19 WHIP and 11.2 K/9. In 65 games against AL East foes, Yankees starters have an ERA of 4.00 and the bullpen’s ERA is 3.18.
The New York hitters are putting up 5.1 runs per outing, including 5.2 per game against divisional foes and 6.6 per game over their last five. The team has hit .256/.368/.506 over its last five contests and is 3-2 SU during that stretch.
The Yankees’ offense has been led by Miguel Andujar and Giancarlo Stanton. Andujar is hitting .298/.331/.524 with 25 home runs, 84 RBIs and 78 runs scored, and Stanton’s line is .261/.336/.493 with 34 homers, 89 RBIs and 93 runs scored.
In the visiting dugout, Boston’s pitching staff allowed 3.9 runs per game and its starting pitchers own a 3.71 ERA, 1.20 WHIP and 9.52 K/9. The bullpen has logged an ERA of 3.60, along with a WHIP of 1.20.
The Red Sox offense has slashed .267/.338/.448 on its way to 5.3 runs scored per game in 2018, including 5.3 runs per game against divisional foes and 2.4 per game over the team’s last five contests (2-3 SU).
J.D. Martinez and Mookie Betts continue to lead Boston’s offense. Martinez is slashing .331/.400/.632 with 41 home runs, 123 RBIs and 106 runs scored, while Betts (.334/.429/.614) is up to 29 homers, 72 RBIs, 118 runs and 28 stolen bases.
The Red Sox have gained 34.2 units and are 69-46 ATS when facing a right-handed starting pitcher this season. The over has cashed in 52 of those games, as opposed to 57 that’ve hit the under against righty starters. On the other hand, the Yankees have netted 2.4 units and are 18-24 ATS when facing a lefty starter. The over has cashed in 17 of those games, compared to 21 that’ve gone under.
Boston Red Sox at New York Yankees MLB Pick
Predictions: SU Winner – Yankees, ATS Winner – Red Sox, O/U – OVER
The under has hit in three of New York’s last seven games.
Boston has posted 18.9 Runs + Hits + Errors per game over its last 10 outings and 16.0 over its last five.
The Red Sox have hit six home runs in their last 10 games. The Yankees have hit 15 over their last 10.
- Georgia Bulldogs at Texas A&M Aggies Betting Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Davidson Wildcats at Fordham Rams Betting Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- LSU Tigers at Kentucky Wildcats Free Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Michigan Wolverines at Penn State Nittany Lions Free Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Eastern Michigan Eagles at Ohio Bobcats Free Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Arkansas Razorbacks vs. Missouri Tigers Betting Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Purdue Boilermakers at Maryland Terrapins Odds Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Duke Blue Devils at Louisville Cardinals Betting Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Rider Broncs at Quinnipiac Bobcats Betting Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Drake Bulldogs vs. Southern Illinois Salukis ATS Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019