T-Mobile Arena will be the site for a divisional matchup as the Calgary Flames pay a visit to Sin City to face the Vegas Golden Knights. Sportsnet 360 will broadcast the action, which gets going at 4 p.m. ET on Sunday, March 18.
Calgary Flames at Vegas Golden Knights Odds
With a -165 moneyline, Vegas comes into the contest as the noticeable favorite. The line for Calgary sits at +145, and the oddsmakers have set the Over/Under (O/U) at an even 6 goals (-120 for the under, +100 for the over).
Vegas is 45-26 straight up (SU) and has earned 16.5 units for moneyline bettors this season. Through 71 regular season outings, 38 of the team’s games have gone over the total, while 31 have gone under and just two have pushed. This year, the team’s 24-11 SU at home.
The Golden Knights have converted on 22.0 percent of their power play opportunities this year, a mark that places them in the top-10 among NHL teams. On the other hand, their penalty kill is rated 14th overall, and they’ve successfully killed off 80.9 percent of all penalties.
As a team, the Golden Knights have been penalized just 3.2 times per game overall this season, 2.8 per game over their last five games total, and 3.8 per game over their last five at home. The team has been forced to kill penalties for just 7.2 minutes per game over their last 10 outings, overall.
Boasting a .927 save percentage and 28.2 saves per game, Marc-Andre Fleury (25 wins, 14 losses, and three OT losses) has been the best option in goal for Vegas this year. If the Knights, however, choose to give him a breather, Vegas might go with Malcolm Subban (12-4-4 record, .912 save percentage, 2.59 goals against average).
Jonathan Marchessault and David Perron will each look to continue their strong seasons for the Golden Knights. Marchessault (65 points) has produced 22 goals and 43 assists and has recorded multiple points in 20 different games this year. Perron has 16 goals and 49 assists to his name and has notched a point in 44 games.
On the other bench, Calgary is 35-37 straight up (SU) and has lost 9.6 units for bettors taking the moneyline this year. Through 72 regular season contests, 35 of its games have gone over the total, while another 35 have gone under and just two have pushed. As the road team, the Flames are 20-16 SU.
The Flames have converted on just 17.4 percent of their power play chances this year, a mark that places them in the bottom-10 overall among NHL teams. On the other hand, its penalty kill unit is ranked 12th overall and it’s successfully killed off 81.6 percent of all opponent power plays.
Calgary’s skaters have been penalized 4.3 times per game in total this season, and 2.6 per game over their last five games. The team has had to kill penalties just 6.8 minutes per game over their last five outings.
Mike Smith (28.5 saves per game) has been the primary option in goal for Calgary. Smith has 25 wins, 25 losses, and six OT losses to his credit, and has registered a .919 save percentage and 2.60 goals against average this year.
Johnny Gaudreau (23 goals, 58 assists) has been one of the top playmakers on offense for the visiting Flames.
Calgary Flames vs. Vegas Golden Knights Free Picks
NHL Prediction: SU Winner – Golden Knights, O/U – Under
Calgary is 2-5 in games decided by a shootout this season while Vegas is 3-2 in shootouts.
The total has gone under in three of Vegas’ last five games.
Seven of Calgary’s last ten games have been decided by two goals or more. The team is 2-5 in those games.
- Notre Dame Fighting Irish vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets ATS Preview 01/22/19 - January 22, 2019
- San Diego State Aztecs vs. Fresno State Bulldogs Free Preview 01/22/19 - January 22, 2019
- Bowling Green Falcons at Eastern Michigan Eagles ATS Preview 01/22/19 - January 22, 2019
- Miami (OH) RedHawks vs. Ball State Cardinals Betting Preview 01/22/19 - January 22, 2019
- Central Michigan Chippewas vs. Akron Zips Odds Preview 01/22/19 - January 22, 2019
- Boise State Broncos vs. Air Force Falcons ATS Preview 01/22/19 - January 22, 2019
- Wichita State Shockers vs. South Florida Bulls Betting Preview 01/22/19 - January 22, 2019
- Western Michigan Broncos vs. Ohio Bobcats ATS Preview 01/22/19 - January 22, 2019
- Saint Peter’s Peacocks vs. Niagara Purple Eagles Odds Preview 01/22/19 - January 22, 2019
- Minnesota Golden Gophers at Michigan Wolverines Betting Preview 01/22/19 - January 22, 2019