With last week’s “Fight of the Century” feeling more disappointing by the day, it’s time for the next generation of stars to emerge. Tonight, Canelo Alvarez faces off against James Kirkland at Minute Maid Park in Houston, Texas.
Each man just has one loss on his record. Alvarez (44-1-1, 31 KO) got his only loss on Sep. 14, 2013 in a majority decision against Floyd Mayweather Jr., where he lost the WBC and The Ring Light Middleweight titles. Alvarez has won both his matches since, getting a TKO over Alfredo Angulo back in March and a split-decision over Erislandy Lara in July. His December fight against Joshua Clottey was cancelled because of an injury.
Kirkland’s only loss was a TKO against Nobuhiro Ishida in March, 2011. Kirkland won his next five matches, with four TKOs, but hasn’t fought since Dec. 7, 2013.
- Roethlisberger Extended, Rams Pick Up Goff’s Option and More - April 24, 2019
- Frank Clark Traded to Chiefs, Bell and Lee Skip Jets Workouts and More - April 23, 2019
- Bills Add Yeldon, Stafford’s Wife Home and More - April 22, 2019
- Seahawks Want First Rounder for Clark, Watson Might Return and More - April 21, 2019
- Jackson Working at Safety, Goff and Rams Not Talking Contract and More - April 20, 2019
- Bryce Love’s Knee, Falcons Sign Hageman and More - April 19, 2019
- Redskins and Ioannids Reach Extension, NFL Schedule is Official and More - April 18, 2019
- Final Pre-Draft Visits, AAF Files for Bankruptcy and More - April 17, 2019
- Russell Wilson Gets Record Deal, Gurley Knee Update and More - April 16, 2019
- Carson Wentz Still Hurt, Wilson and Seahawks Talk Contract - April 15, 2019