The Carolina Hurricanes, led by Sebastian Aho and Teuvo Teravainen, are set to take the ice against Patrick Kane, Alex DeBrincat, the Chicago Blackhawks at the United Center in an East-West showdown. The match gets going at 8:30 p.m. ET on Thursday, November 8, and you’ll be able to catch it live on NBC Sports Chicago.
Carolina Hurricanes at Chicago Blackhawks Odds
Carolina (-105) is currently the underdog to Chicago (-115), and the Over/Under (O/U) is set at an even 6 goals (-125 money on the under, +105 on the over).
Chicago is 6-9 straight up (SU) and has lost 3.0 units for moneyline bettors this year. That early-season winning percentage isn’t too far off from to the 33-49 record the team posted during the 2017-18 season campaign. Through 15 regular season matches, nine of its games have gone over the total, while six have gone under and none have pushed. This season, the team’s 3-4 SU at home.
The Blackhawks have converted on just 14.0 percent of their power play chances this year, a figure that places them in the bottom-5 overall among NHL teams. On the other hand, their penalty kill is rated 24th overall, and they’ve successfully killed off 76.1 percent of all penalties.
Averaging 31.3 saves per game with a .887 save percentage, Cam Ward (three wins, five losses, and three OT losses) has been the top goalkeeper for the Hawks this season. If Chicago chooses to rest him, however, the team may turn to Corey Crawford (3-4-4 record, .907 save percentage, 2.92 goals against average).
Carolina has lost 5.5 units for bettors taking the moneyline this year and is currently 6-9 straight up (SU). Through 15 regular season outings, 10 of its games have gone under the total, while five have gone over and none have pushed. As the away team so far, the Hurricanes are 3-5 SU.
The Hurricanes have converted on just 12.5 percent of their power play opportunities this season, a figure that places them in the bottom- overall among NHL teams. On the other hand, its penalty kill unit is ranked 28th overall and it’s successfully killed off 69.8 percent of all opponent power plays.
Petr Mrazek (20.3 saves per game) has been the primary choice in the net for Carolina. Mrazek has three wins, five losses, and two OT losses to his credit, while registering a .880 save percentage and 2.75 goals against average this year.
Carolina Hurricanes at Chicago Blackhawks Free Picks
NHL Pick: SU Winner – Blackhawks, O/U – Over
Over Chicago’s last ten outings, nine of them have been decided by two or more goals (the team is 3-6 in those games).
The extra-man advantage could prove to be critical in tonight’s game. The Hurricanes are 2-4 in games where they serve fewer penalty minutes than their opponent and 3-7 when they serve fewer than 10 penalty minutes, in total. The Blackhawks are 1-5 when the team serves fewer penalty minutes than the opposition and 4-6 in games where total penalty minutes are in the single digits.
After posting a 3-3 record in games decided by a shootout last year, Carolina is off to a 1-0 start in shootouts this season. Chicago was 1-2 in shootouts last year and has yet to participate in one this time around.
For both of these clubs, the game went over the total in three of their last five outings.
Carolina skaters have accounted for the league’s seventh-most hits per game (24.6), but that number’s down to just 19.8 hits over their last five away games.
- East Tennessee State Buccaneers at UNCG Spartans ATS Preview 02/24/19 - February 26, 2019
- Villanova Wildcats vs. Xavier Musketeers ATS Preview 02/24/19 - February 26, 2019
- Florida A&M Rattlers at South Carolina State Bulldogs Game Preview 02/18/19 - February 19, 2019
- Georgia Bulldogs at Texas A&M Aggies Betting Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Davidson Wildcats at Fordham Rams Betting Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- LSU Tigers at Kentucky Wildcats Free Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Michigan Wolverines at Penn State Nittany Lions Free Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Eastern Michigan Eagles at Ohio Bobcats Free Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Arkansas Razorbacks vs. Missouri Tigers Betting Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Purdue Boilermakers at Maryland Terrapins Odds Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019