Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Carson Wentz has not fully recovered from the stress fracture in his back suffered last season. Wentz was injured in a 29-23 loss to the Dallas Cowboys on Dec. 9 and missed the final three regular season games and the Eagles’ playoff game.
Carson Wentz skinny: Back still healing, no timetable yet. Says ‘I get it’ when people ask about durability. Is leaving contract extension to his agent. leadership style hasn’t changed but natural growth. Excited, Feels like first day of school. #Eagles
— John McMullen (@JFMcMullen) April 15, 2019
Wilson and Seahawks at a contract impasse
Seattle Seahawks franchise quarterback Russell Wilson has made it clear that if he and the team don’t reach a contract extension agreement by midnight Monday, he will not sign one this season. Wilson is in the final year of his current contract and should end up as one of the highest paid players in the league when and if the new deal is done.
Re Russell Wilson negotiations: ignore the money, that can be worked out. This is all about precedent and future guarantees, with an ownership worth $20B hiding behind an antiquated NFL funding rule. #RussellWilson
— Andrew Brandt (@AndrewBrandt) April 15, 2019
Antonio Brown settles Florida lawsuit
Oakland Raiders wide receiver Antonio Brown has reached a settlement agreement with two lawsuits, both stemming from the same incident in Florida. Brown was accused of yelling at security and throwing furniture off an apartment balcony in South Florida.
“The parties have reached an agreement, and everybody is pleased,” said Alan Kluger, the attorney representing Ophir Sternberg, who sued Brown.https://t.co/kCSzOUhx44
— TribLIVE.com (@TribLIVE) April 15, 2019
Jones and Locke take rookie visits
Duke quarterback Daniel Jones is visiting the Miami Dolphins this week in a pre-draft evaluation. Missouri quarterback Drew Lock will take a sit-down with the Green Bay Packers.
One note on the #Packers visit coming with #Mizzou QB Drew Lock that @TerezPaylor reported: GB also tried to bring in #Duke QB Daniel Jones for a visit, but timing didn’t work out. They are doing their work on these passers.
— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 15, 2019
- Bills Add Yeldon, Stafford’s Wife Home and More - April 22, 2019
- Seahawks Want First Rounder for Clark, Watson Might Return and More - April 21, 2019
- Jackson Working at Safety, Goff and Rams Not Talking Contract and More - April 20, 2019
- Bryce Love’s Knee, Falcons Sign Hageman and More - April 19, 2019
- Redskins and Ioannids Reach Extension, NFL Schedule is Official and More - April 18, 2019
- Final Pre-Draft Visits, AAF Files for Bankruptcy and More - April 17, 2019
- Russell Wilson Gets Record Deal, Gurley Knee Update and More - April 16, 2019
- Carson Wentz Still Hurt, Wilson and Seahawks Talk Contract - April 15, 2019
- Falcons Sign Davison, Allen and Fant Take Rookie Visits and More - April 14, 2019
- Eagles Cornerback Arrested, Patriots Re-Sign Chung and More - April 13, 2019