The Charlotte 49ers (5-20, 1-13 CUSA) will attempt to put an end to their 12-game losing streak when they go head-to-head with the Western Kentucky Hilltoppers (20-7, 12-2 CUSA) at E.A. Diddle Arena. The game can be seen on beIN Sports at 8 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 22, 2018.
Western Kentucky opened as a 19-point favorite, while the game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 152.5 points.
Charlotte 49ers vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers ATS Prediction
In the 49ers’ last matchup, they were topped by the UTSA Roadrunners, 97-89. UTSA’s 0.720 effective field goal percentage was their largest strength over Charlotte, who had a rate of 0.486. The Roadrunners’ mark was above their season average of 0.511. Andrien White was Charlotte’s high scorer with 25 points on 8-for-16 shooting.
The Hilltoppers had no trouble getting past the Rice Owls in their last matchup, 85-66. The Hilltoppers were 9-12 from the free throw line (75.0 percent) and had an offensive rebounding percentage of 39.3 (above their season average of 28.9). Darius Thompson was the top scorer from either team with 18 points on 6-for-8 shooting.
The productive offense of Western Kentucky will battle against the bottom-tier defense of Charlotte. The Hilltoppers rank 50th in offensive efficiency, while the 49ers are 299th in defensive efficiency. The Hilltoppers should have the edge on that end of the court.
Charlotte holds records of 5-20 straight up (SU) and 6-16 against the spread (ATS). Vegas has been spot on when setting the O/U total of 49ers games, with an even split between overs and unders.
Meanwhile, Western Kentucky owns records of 20-7 SU and 16-9 ATS. Similarly to Charlotte, just over half of Hilltoppers games have finished under the total.
Jon Davis has averaged 17.6 points and 6.6 assists over the last five games for Charlotte.
This is the second game of the season between these two teams. In the first, the 49ers lost 73-63 but covered as 13.5-point underdogs. Davis scored a game-high 26 points and also put up five rebounds. The game finished with a total of 136 points, which was 17 points below the projected point total of 153 points. The Hilltoppers had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (32.6 vs. 18.4) and had a better effective field goal percentage (0.414 vs. 0.362).
Charlotte 49ers vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers Odds Pick
Free Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Western Kentucky, ATS Winner – Charlotte, O/U – Over
Charlotte is 3-9 ATS on the road with 8 unders and 4 overs.
At home, Western Kentucky is 6-6 ATS with 7 unders and 5 overs.
Western Kentucky ranks 49th in steals allowed per game (5.3) while Charlotte ranks 200th (7.4).
The Hilltoppers rank 141st in assists per game (13.7) while the 49ers rank 263rd (11.2).
Charlotte ranks 240th in three pointers attempted per game (19.2) while Western Kentucky ranks 302nd (15.3).
The Hilltoppers rank 144th in rebounds per game (35.7) while the 49ers rank 194th in rebounds allowed per game (35.6).
Western Kentucky ranks 83rd in blocks per game (3.9) while Charlotte ranks 94th in blocks allowed per game (3.3).
In their last five games, Charlotte is 2-3 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under.
Western Kentucky is 2-3 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders over their last five games.
The 49ers’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 10.0, up from 7.4 for the season.
During their last five games, the Hilltoppers have scored an average of 81.6 points per game (2.9 above their season average) and allowed an average of 74.6 points per game (4.5 above their season average).
- Jacksonville Dolphins at Bethune-Cookman Wildcats Betting Preview 12/15/18 - December 15, 2018
- Purdue Fort Wayne Mastodons vs. Austin Peay Governors ATS Preview 12/15/18 - December 15, 2018
- Dartmouth Big Green at Albany Great Danes Betting Preview 12/15/18 - December 15, 2018
- Marshall Thundering Herd vs. Akron Zips Betting Preview 12/15/18 - December 15, 2018
- Eastern Illinois Panthers at Bradley Braves ATS Preview 12/15/18 - December 15, 2018
- Nicholls Colonels vs. Boston University Terriers Odds Preview 12/15/18 - December 15, 2018
- Youngstown State Penguins at Binghamton Bearcats ATS Preview 12/15/18 - December 15, 2018
- Manhattan Jaspers vs. Connecticut Huskies Betting Preview 12/15/18 - December 15, 2018
- Marist Red Foxes vs. Colgate Raiders Free Preview 12/15/18 - December 15, 2018
- Southeast Missouri State Redhawks at Citadel Bulldogs Betting Preview 12/15/18 - December 15, 2018