The Notre Dame Fighting Irish (1-0) challenge the Chicago State Cougars (0-1) at Purcell Pavilion at the Joyce Center. The game starts at 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, November 8, 2018, and will air on ACC Network.
Chicago State Cougars at Notre Dame Fighting Irish Free Prediction
The last time the Cougars played, they were blown out by the Indiana Hoosiers, 104-55. Indiana won the rebounding battle. The Hoosiers had 16 offensive rebounds and 52 total rebounds, while the Cougars had 10 and 33, respectively. Anthony Harris led Chicago State in scoring with 14 points on 4-for-6 shooting.
The Fighting Irish were victorious over the UIC Flames in their last outing, 84-67. Notre Dame made good use of their 38 trips to the charity stripe, converting on 36 of them (94.7 percent). UIC, on the other hand, was just 13-20 (65.0 percent). Nate Laszewski was Notre Dame’s top scorer with 12 points on 3-for-7 shooting from the field.
The Fighting Irish won the only game against the Cougars last season, 105-66. The Fighting Irish had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.707 vs. 0.410) and had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (56.5 vs. 33.3).
Notre Dame could have their way on the offensive side of the ball as their high-octane offense goes up against one of the NCAA’s worst defenses. Dating back to the 2017-18 season, the Fighting Irish rank 45th in offensive efficiency, while Chicago State ranks 349th in defensive efficiency. It will also be a battle of opposite paces as the up-tempo Cougars rank 36th in possessions per game, while the more half-court oriented Fighting Irish rank 304th.
Chicago State vs. Notre Dame ATS Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Notre Dame, ATS Winner – Notre Dame, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2017-Present):
Notre Dame ranks 86th in rebounds per game (37.2) while Chicago State ranks 313th in rebounds allowed per game (39.7).
The Fighting Irish rank 111th in three pointers attempted per game (23.2) while the Cougars rank 305th (17.3).
Notre Dame averages 14.3 assists per game, which ranks 107th in the nation. Chicago State ranks 296th in assists allowed per game (18.3).
The Fighting Irish rank 31st in steals allowed per game (5.2) while the Cougars rank 190th (6.7).
Notre Dame blocks 3.7 opponent shots per game, which ranks 101st in the country. Chicago State ranks 234th in blocks allowed per game (4.5).
- East Tennessee State Buccaneers at UNCG Spartans ATS Preview 02/24/19 - February 26, 2019
- Villanova Wildcats vs. Xavier Musketeers ATS Preview 02/24/19 - February 26, 2019
- Florida A&M Rattlers at South Carolina State Bulldogs Game Preview 02/18/19 - February 19, 2019
- Georgia Bulldogs at Texas A&M Aggies Betting Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Davidson Wildcats at Fordham Rams Betting Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- LSU Tigers at Kentucky Wildcats Free Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Michigan Wolverines at Penn State Nittany Lions Free Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Eastern Michigan Eagles at Ohio Bobcats Free Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Arkansas Razorbacks vs. Missouri Tigers Betting Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Purdue Boilermakers at Maryland Terrapins Odds Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019