Chicago White Sox vs. Baltimore Orioles Odds
Vegas has listed Baltimore (+105) as the underdog to Chicago (-115). The total sits at 9.5 runs and bettors can take the over for -105 and the under for -115. Gamblers can also bet on the game’s spread with the runline odds sitting at White Sox -1.5 runs (+130) and Orioles +1.5 runs (-150).
The Orioles are 42-106 straight up (SU) and 60-87 against the spread (ATS). They’ve lost 53.1 units for moneyline bettors and 39.4 units (ATS). Baltimore has covered the spread just twice in its last seven games and the total has gone over in five of those seven. The White Sox are 59-89 SU and have gone 76-71 ATS. Overall, the team’s lost 14.1 units for moneyline bettors and 0.9 units ATS. Chicago has covered the spread four times in its last seven games and the total has gone under in four of those seven.
Orioles games have had an over/under record of 66-76-5 in 2018. White Sox games have gone under 71 times, gone over 69 times and pushed on seven instances.
The right-handed Lucas Giolito is the probable starter for the visiting White Sox. Giolito (10-10, 5.76 ERA) has recorded 117 strikeouts in 159.1 innings so far. He’s 0-1 with a 47.25 ERA against Baltimore this year.
The Orioles are sending righty David Hess (3-10, 5.17 ERA) to the mound. Hess has 58 strikeouts and 30 walks to his name, as well as a 1.41 WHIP. Hess hasn’t faced the White Sox yet this year and did not pitch in the majors in 2017.
Chicago’s pitchers have allowed 5.2 runs per game and its starters own a 4.95 ERA, 1.39 WHIP and 6.86 K/9. The bullpen has managed an ERA of 4.42, along with a WHIP of 1.39 and a K/9 of 9.71.
White Sox hitters have slashed .243/.305/.407 on their way to 4.1 runs scored per game this season, including 3.0 runs per game over the team’s last 10 games and 4.0 per game over the team’s last five outings (3-2 SU).
Third baseman Yolmer Sanchez and first baseman Jose Abreu continue to lead Chicago’s hitters. Sanchez is slashing .247/.314/.376 with seven home runs, 49 RBIs, 55 runs and 13 steals, while Abreu is hitting .266 with 22 homers, 78 RBIs and 68 runs scored.
For the home team, Baltimore’s pitching staff has yielded 5.5 runs per game overall this season. Its starters have an ERA of 5.49, a WHIP of 1.50 and a strikeouts-per-nine of 7.1. The bullpen has a 4.85 ERA, 1.54 WHIP and 8.2 K/9.
The Baltimore offense has produced 3.8 runs per contest, including 3.0 per game over its last 10 games and 2.6 per game over its last five. The team’s hit .204/.256/.280 over its last five contests and is 1-4 SU during that span.
The Orioles’ batters have been led by outfielders Adam Jones and Trey Mancini. Jones is hitting .284/.314/.423 with 14 home runs, 56 RBIs and 51 runs scored, and Mancini’s line is .241/.300/.416 with 23 homers, 53 RBIs and 63 runs.
The White Sox have lost 8.7 units and are 56-53 ATS when facing a righty starter this season. The over has hit in 53 of those games, compared to 50 that’ve gone under in such games. On the other hand, the Orioles have lost 47.7 units and are 37-62 ATS when facing a righty starter. The over has cashed in 45 of those games, compared to 50 that went under the total.
Chicago White Sox vs. Baltimore Orioles Free Pick
Predictions: SU Winner – Orioles, ATS Winner – Orioles, O/U – OVER
The under has hit in just two of Baltimore’s last seven games.
The Orioles have dropped eight of their last nine games SU.
Chicago has posted 16.8 Runs + Hits + Errors per game over its last 10 outings and 18.4 over its last five.
The White Sox have hit nine home runs in their last 10 games, including eight over their last five.
- Washington State Cougars vs. Seattle Redhawks ATS Preview 11/14/18 - November 14, 2018
- UTSA Roadrunners at Oklahoma State Cowboys Odds Preview 11/14/18 - November 14, 2018
- IUPUI Jaguars vs. Boston College Eagles ATS Preview 11/14/18 - November 14, 2018
- UTEP Miners at Arizona Wildcats Betting Preview 11/14/18 - November 14, 2018
- Boston University Terriers at Albany Great Danes Odds Preview 11/14/18 - November 14, 2018
- College Football Free Betting Preview: Indiana Hoosiers at Michigan Wolverines - November 13, 2018
- College Football Free Betting Pick: Wisconsin Badgers vs. Purdue Boilermakers - November 13, 2018
- NCAA Football Free Betting Matchup: Boston College Eagles vs. Florida State Seminoles - November 13, 2018
- College Football Free Betting Prediction: Syracuse Orange at Notre Dame Fighting Irish - November 13, 2018
- Arizona State Sun Devils vs. Oregon Ducks: 11/17/2018 Betting Preview - November 13, 2018