Cincinnati Reds at Atlanta Braves Odds
Oddsmakers have listed Cincinnati (+135) as the underdog to Atlanta (-145). Gamblers can wager on the game’s total with odds sitting at -105 for over 8.5 runs and -115 for under 8.5. Bettors can also wager on the game’s spread with the most recent runline odds sitting at -160 for the Reds +1.5 runs and +140 for the Braves -1.5.
The Braves are 44-32 straight up (SU) and 41-33 against the spread (ATS). The team’s gained 14.6 units for moneyline bettors and 7.5 units (ATS). On the other hand, the Reds have gone 32-45 SU this year and are 43-33 ATS. Overall, the team’s lost 7.7 units for moneyline gamblers and 0.2 units ATS.
Neither team has established itself as an obvious over/under play this year. Braves games have an over/under record of 36-35-3 so far in 2018. Cincinnati has an over/under record of 36-38-2.
The right-handed Tyler Mahle will get the nod for the visiting Reds. Mahle (6-6, 3.89 ERA) has recorded 76 strikeouts in 81 innings so far. He’s 0-0 with 11 strikeouts and a 4.50 ERA against Atlanta this year.
The Braves are turning to righty Mike Foltynewicz (5-4, 2.16 ERA), who has 94 strikeouts and 33 walks as well as a WHIP of 1.14. Foltynewicz is 0-0 with seven strikeouts and a 3.86 ERA in one start against Cincinnati this year.
Atlanta’s pitchers have allowed 4.0 runs per game overall in 2018 as a unit. Its starters have a 3.45 ERA, 1.25 WHIP and 8.6 strikeouts per nine innings. The bullpen has a 4.01 ERA, 1.31 WHIP and 9.2 K/9.
Atlanta’s offense has produced 5.0 runs per contest, including 4.8 per game over its last 10 games and 6.8 per game over its last five. The team’s hit .289/.361/.475 over its last five matchups and is 2-3 SU during that span.
The Braves’ batters have been led by right fielder Nick Markakis and first baseman Freddie Freeman. Markakis is hitting .328/.392/.490 with eight home runs, 49 RBIs and 45 runs scored, while Freeman’s line is .327/.415/.565 with 15 homers, 53 RBIs and 48 runs.
In the visiting dugout, Cincinnati’s pitchers have allowed 5.1 runs per game and its starters own a 5.35 ERA, 1.47 WHIP and 7.34 K/9. The bullpen has managed an ERA of 3.99, along with a K-per-9 of 8.16.
Reds hitters have slashed .256/.337/.400 on their way to 4.5 runs scored per game this season, including 6.4 runs per game over the team’s last 10 games and 7.2 per game over the team’s last five contests (5-0 SU).
Second baseman Scooter Gennett and first baseman Joey Votto have led Cincinnati’s hitters. Gennett is slashing .332/.369/.532 with 13 home runs, 51 RBIs and 40 runs scored. Votto (.305/.433/.467) has produced eight homers, 41 RBIs and 41 runs scored.
The Reds have lost 8.8 units and are 31-24 ATS when facing a right-handed starting pitcher this year. The over has hit in 23 of those games, as opposed to 31 that’ve gone under against righties. On the other hand, the Braves have netted 10.8 units and are 29-20 ATS when facing a righty starter. The over’s cashed in 21 of those games, compared to 25 that’ve gone under.
Cincinnati Reds vs. Atlanta Braves MLB Pick
Predictions: SU Winner – Braves, ATS Winner – Reds, O/U – UNDER
The over has hit in five of Atlanta’s last seven games.
Cincinnati has recorded 26.4 Runs + Hits + Errors per game over its last 10 contests and 27.6 over its last five.
The Reds have hit 17 home runs in their last 10 games, including 10 over their last five.
- Canisius Golden Griffins vs. Florida State Seminoles ATS Preview 11/19/18 - November 19, 2018
- Chicago State Cougars at East Tennessee State Buccaneers Betting Preview 11/19/18 - November 19, 2018
- Toledo Rockets vs. FGCU Eagles Free Preview 11/19/18 - November 19, 2018
- Boise State Broncos vs. Creighton Bluejays ATS Preview 11/19/18 - November 19, 2018
- California Baptist Lancers at Nevada Wolf Pack Free Preview 11/19/18 - November 19, 2018
- Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns vs. Colorado State Rams ATS Preview 11/19/18 - November 19, 2018
- Temple Owls vs. VCU Rams Odds Preview 11/19/18 - November 19, 2018
- Utah State Aggies vs. Saint Mary’s Gaels Betting Preview 11/19/18 - November 19, 2018
- Little Rock Trojans vs. Tulsa Golden Hurricane ATS Preview 11/19/18 - November 19, 2018
- Eastern Michigan Eagles at Rutgers Scarlet Knights Odds Preview 11/19/18 - November 19, 2018