Cincinnati Reds at Chicago Cubs Odds
The Reds are 63-84 SU and are 83-64 against the spread (ATS). They’ve lost 8.0 units for gamblers taking the moneyline, despite having gained 5.5 units ATS. Cincinnati’s covered the spread four times in its last seven games and the total has gone over in four of those seven. The Cubs, on the other hand, are 85-61 SU and 73-72 ATS. They’ve gained 0.8 units for bettors taking the moneyline and 1.1 units ATS. Chicago has a 3-4 ATS mark over its last seven games and the total has gone over in four of those seven.
Chicago games have an over/under record of 65-77-3 in 2018. Cincinnati has been a decent over bet with a total record of 76-66-5.
Matt Harvey will get the nod for the Reds. The right-handed Harvey (7-8, 4.87 ERA) has recorded 114 strikeouts in 138.2 innings so far. He’s 1-0 with 16 strikeouts and a 2.65 ERA against Chicago this year (three starts).
The Cubs are sending lefty Cole Hamels (9-9, 3.71 ERA) to the mound. Hamels has 162 strikeouts and 59 walks to his credit, as well as a WHIP of 1.27. Hamels is 1-0 with seven strikeouts and a 1.00 ERA in one start against Cincinnati this year.
As a unit, Chicago’s pitching staff has allowed 4.0 runs per game overall this season. Its starting pitching staff has an ERA of 3.93, a WHIP of 1.35 and a strikeouts-per-nine of 7.7. The bullpen has a 3.35 ERA, 1.30 WHIP and 8.6 K/9. In 66 games against NL Central foes, Cubs starters have an ERA of 3.43 and the bullpen’s ERA is 3.86.
Chicago’s hitters have put up 4.7 runs per outing, including 4.3 per game against divisional foes and 3.0 per game over their last five. The team’s hit .191/.282/.280 over its last five contests and is 2-3 SU during that span.
The Cubs’ offense has been led by second baseman Javier Baez and first baseman Anthony Rizzo. Baez is hitting .295/.330/.568 with 31 home runs, 103 RBIs, 92 runs and 21 stolen bases, while Rizzo is hitting .278 with 24 homers, 92 RBIs and 66 runs.
In the other dugout, Cincinnati’s pitchers have allowed 5.2 runs per game and its starters own a 5.20 ERA, 1.45 WHIP and 7.77 K/9. The bullpen has logged an ERA of 4.20, along with a WHIP of 1.45.
Reds hitters have slashed .259/.335/.409 on their way to 4.5 runs scored per game this season, including 4.1 runs per game against divisional foes and 5.4 per game over the team’s last five contests (3-2 SU).
Cincinnati’s hitters have been led by second baseman Scooter Gennett and shortstop Jose Peraza. Gennett is slashing .321/.367/.505 with 22 home runs, 88 RBIs and 84 runs scored, while Peraza (.293/.332/.416) is up to 11 homers, 53 RBIs, 81 runs and 22 stolen bases.
The Reds have gained 7.0 units and are 26-15 ATS when facing a left-handed starting pitcher this season. The over has cashed in 23 of those games, compared to 17 that’ve hit the under in such games. On the other hand, the Cubs have lost 0.8 units and are 57-57 ATS when facing a righty starter. The over’s cashed in 50 of those games, compared to 61 that went under the total.
Cincinnati Reds at Chicago Cubs MLB Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Cubs, ATS Winner – Reds, O/U – OVER
The under has cashed in just two of Cincinnati’s last seven games.
The Reds have hit 15 home runs in their last 10 games. The Cubs have hit five over their last 10.
Chicago has posted 18.2 Runs + Hits + Errors per game over its last 10 contests and 15.0 over its last five.
- Ball State Cardinals vs. Alabama Crimson Tide Free Preview 11/16/18 - November 16, 2018
- Wake Forest Demon Deacons vs. Cal State Fullerton Titans Free Preview 11/16/18 - November 16, 2018
- Purdue Boilermakers vs. Davidson Wildcats Odds Preview 11/16/18 - November 16, 2018
- Virginia Tech Hokies vs. Northeastern Huskies Odds Preview 11/16/18 - November 16, 2018
- Appalachian State Mountaineers vs. Wichita State Shockers Free Preview 11/16/18 - November 16, 2018
- Western Kentucky Hilltoppers vs. West Virginia Mountaineers Betting Preview 11/16/18 - November 16, 2018
- Chicago Bulls vs. Milwaukee Bucks Odds Preview 11/16/18 - November 16, 2018
- Brooklyn Nets vs. Washington Wizards ATS Preview 11/16/18 - November 16, 2018
- Sacramento Kings at Memphis Grizzlies Odds Preview 11/16/18 - November 16, 2018
- Utah Jazz at Philadelphia 76ers Odds Preview 11/16/18 - November 16, 2018