Cincinnati Reds at Miami Marlins Odds
Cincinnati (-125) is the favorite against Miami (+115) and oddsmakers have set the Over/Under for this night game at 8 runs. Odds for wagering on the game’s total stand at +105 for the under and -125 for the over. Gamblers can also bet on the game’s spread with the runline odds standing at Reds -1.5 runs (+120) and Marlins +1.5 runs (-140).
The Marlins are 78-73 against the spread (ATS), but just 59-92 straight up (SU). They’ve lost 3.9 units for moneyline bettors and 10.8 units (ATS). Miami has covered the spread four times in its last seven games and the total has gone over in four of those seven. On the other hand, the Reds have gone 65-88 SU this year and are 87-65 ATS. Overall, the team’s lost 7.8 units for bettors taking the moneyline, but have gained 8.2 units ATS. Cincinnati has covered the spread five times in its last seven games and the total has gone under in six of those seven.
Marlins games have a 76-70-5 over/under record in 2018. Reds games have gone over 76 times, gone under 71 times and pushed on five instances.
Cody Reed will get the nod for Cincinnati. The southpaw Reed (0-2, 4.32 ERA) has recorded 34 strikeouts in 33.1 innings so far. He has yet to face the Marlins this year and did not record a start against them in 2017, either.
The Marlins are putting the ball in the hands of Jeff Brigham (0-2, 7.36 ERA, 1.91 WHIP), who has four punchouts and five walks. Brigham did not record any MLB pitching stats last season.
Miami’s pitchers have given up 5.1 runs per game overall in 2018 as a unit. Its starters have a 4.46 ERA, 1.31 WHIP and 7.6 strikeouts per nine innings. The bullpen has a 5.42 ERA, 1.50 WHIP and 8.1 K/9.
Miami’s hitters have put up 3.7 runs per contest, including 3.3 per game over its last 10 games and 4.4 per game over their last five. The team has slashed .234/.297/.371 over its last five contests and is 2-3 SU during that stretch.
The Marlins’ offense has been led by second baseman Starlin Castro and third baseman Brian Anderson. Castro is hitting .281/.332/.406 with 12 home runs, 54 RBIs and 75 runs scored, while Anderson is batting .268 with 10 homers, 59 RBIs and 81 runs scored.
In the visiting dugout, Cincinnati’s pitching staff allowed 5.1 runs per game and its starters own a 5.12 ERA, 1.43 WHIP and 7.81 K/9. The bullpen has managed an ERA of 4.17, along with a WHIP of 1.43 and a K-per-9 of 7.97.
The Reds offense has slashed .257/.333/.405 on its way to 4.4 runs scored per game this season, including 2.7 runs per game over the team’s last 10 games and 1.0 per game over the team’s last five outings (2-3 SU).
Second baseman Scooter Gennett and shortstop Jose Peraza have paced Cincinnati’s hitters. Gennett is slashing .317/.365/.495 with 22 home runs, 88 RBIs and 84 runs scored, while Peraza (.290/.329/.421) is up to 13 homers, 56 RBIs, 83 runs and 23 stolen bases.
The Marlins have lost 5.2 units and are 21-15 ATS when facing a left-handed starting pitcher. The over has hit in 19 of those games, compared to 17 that’ve gone under against lefty starters.
Cincinnati Reds vs. Miami Marlins MLB Tip
Predictions: SU Winner – Reds, ATS Winner – Reds, O/U – OVER
The over has cashed in four of Miami’s last seven games.
The Reds have hit 10 home runs in their last 10 games. The Marlins have hit eight over their last 10.
Miami has averaged 16.3 runs + hits + errors over its last 10 contests and 20.0 over its last five.
- Atlanta Falcons at Carolina Panthers – Week 16 Free Betting Preview - December 19, 2018
- Pittsburgh Steelers at New Orleans Saints – Week 16 Betting Pick - December 19, 2018
- Week 16 Free Pick – Washington Redskins at Tennessee Titans - December 19, 2018
- Baltimore Ravens vs. Los Angeles Chargers – Week 16 Free Betting Pick - December 19, 2018
- Northern Arizona Lumberjacks at San Francisco Dons Free Preview 12/19/18 - December 19, 2018
- North Carolina Central Eagles vs. Saint Louis Billikens Free Preview 12/19/18 - December 19, 2018
- Old Dominion Monarchs at Richmond Spiders Free Preview 12/19/18 - December 19, 2018
- Idaho State Bengals vs. Utah Valley Wolverines Odds Preview 12/19/18 - December 19, 2018
- Cornell Big Red vs. Toledo Rockets Odds Preview 12/19/18 - December 19, 2018
- Hofstra Pride vs. Stony Brook Seawolves ATS Preview 12/19/18 - December 19, 2018