Cleveland Indians at Chicago Cubs Odds
The Indians are 23-23 SU and have gone 18-27 against the spread (ATS). They’ve lost 11.9 units for moneyline gamblers in this young season and 12.8 units ATS. Cleveland is 3-4 ATS over its last seven games and the total has gone over in four of those seven. The Cubs, on the other hand, are 25-20 SU and 20-24 ATS. They’ve lost 3.5 units for moneyline bettors and 4.2 units ATS. Chicago has a 3-4 ATS mark over its last seven games and the under has hit in four of those seven.
Cubs games have an over/under record of 19-24-1 thus far in 2018. Indians games have gone over 23 times, gone under 21 times and pushed on one occasion.
Adam Plutko will get the start for the visiting Indians. The right-handed Plutko is 1-0 with a 3.68 ERA and six strikeouts. He has yet to face the Cubs this year and did not record a start against them in 2017, either.
The Cubs are putting the ball in the hands of lefty Jon Lester (4-1, 2.52 ERA), who’s got 44 strikeouts and 21 walks to his name, as well as a WHIP of 1.22. Lester is 0-1 with four strikeouts and a 3.86 ERA against Cleveland this year.
Cleveland’s pitchers have allowed 4.3 runs per game and its starters own a 3.35 ERA, 1.10 WHIP and 8.40 K/9. The bullpen has an ERA of 5.65, along with a K-per-9 of 9.28.
The Indians offense has slashed .247/.320/.433 on its way to 4.9 runs scored per game in 2018, including 6.0 runs per game over the team’s last 10 games and 4.6 per game over the team’s last five contests (3-2 SU).
Cleveland’s hitters have been powered by shortstop Francisco Lindor and third baseman Jose Ramirez, who’ve collectively launched 26 home runs. Lindor is hitting .302/.378/.573 with 12 home runs, 27 RBIs, 38 runs and five stolen bases, while Ramirez has a .297 average with 14 homers, 34 RBIs, 31 runs and six stolen bases.
Ramirez appeared to enjoy hitting lefty pitching on the road last season. Over 126 such plate appearances, he put up a slash line of .356/.397/.695 (his overall season line was .318/.374/.583).
For the home team, Chicago’s pitching staff has allowed 3.9 runs per game overall this season. The team’s starters have an ERA of 3.84, a WHIP of 1.35 and a strikeouts-per-nine of 8.4. The bullpen has posted a solid ERA of just 2.84, a WHIP of 1.21 and a K/9 of 9.0.
Chicago’s offense has produced 5.3 runs per outing, including 4.9 per game over its last 10 games and 5.8 per game over its last five. The team’s hit .305/.408/.489 over its last five matchups and is 3-2 SU during that stretch.
The Cubs’ batters have been led by third baseman Kris Bryant and second baseman Javier Baez. Bryant is slashing .303/.426/.581 with eight home runs, 24 RBIs and 29 runs scored, and Baez’s line is .273/.304/.576 with 11 homers, 38 RBIs, 28 runs and six steals.
The Indians have gained 0.6 units and are 8-9 ATS when facing a left-handed starting pitcher this season. The over has hit in 10 of those games, compared to seven that’ve gone under in such games. On the other hand, the Cubs have lost 3.1 units and are 15-18 ATS when facing a righty starter. The over’s hit in 14 of those games, compared to 18 that went under the total.
Cleveland Indians vs. Chicago Cubs Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Cubs, ATS Winner – Indians, O/U – OVER
Cleveland has recorded 24.2 Runs + Hits + Errors per game over its last 10 outings and 20.2 over its last five.
The Indians have hit 16 home runs in their last 10 games. The Cubs have hit 10 over their last 10.
- Mississippi Valley State Delta Devils vs. Santa Clara Broncos Betting Preview 12/13/18 - December 13, 2018
- Morehead State Eagles vs. Samford Bulldogs ATS Preview 12/13/18 - December 13, 2018
- North Carolina Central Eagles at McNeese State Cowboys Free Preview 12/13/18 - December 13, 2018
- North Florida Ospreys vs. FIU Golden Panthers ATS Preview 12/13/18 - December 13, 2018
- Maryland Eastern Shore Hawks vs. Duquesne Dukes Betting Preview 12/13/18 - December 13, 2018
- Boston University Terriers vs. Dartmouth Big Green Odds Preview 12/13/18 - December 13, 2018
- Milwaukee Panthers vs. UMKC Kangaroos ATS Preview 12/13/18 - December 13, 2018
- Kennesaw State Owls at Gardner-Webb Runnin’ Bulldogs ATS Preview 12/13/18 - December 13, 2018
- New Orleans Privateers at Tulsa Golden Hurricane ATS Preview 12/13/18 - December 13, 2018
- Lamar Cardinals at Bakersfield Roadrunners Free Preview 12/13/18 - December 13, 2018