Week 3 of the college football season is upon us and as we’ll see in this week’s odds, injuries are already having an impact. There have been some big odds changes due to injures, one actually changing the favorite of the game entirely.
Let’s take a look.
Houston at Texas Tech, 4:15 p.m. Fox
Open: Texas Tech -3
Current: Houston -1
This is a first this year with the odds changing enough to flip the favorite.
Texas Tech quarterback McLane Carter’s availability is unclear with a high ankle sprain. He sat out Week 2 in blowout against Lamar, but 2-0 Houston is coming in after dominating Arizona. The Cougars are feeling good and the Red Raiders without their starting quarterback could be in trouble.
Duke at Baylor, 3:30 p.m. FS1
Open: Baylor -2
Current: Baylor -6
It was fun watching Duke quarterback Daniel Jones while it lasted.
The Blue Devils junior quarterback helped the team to a 2-0 start with wins against Army and Northwestern, but a left collar bone injury will push him to the sideline for what is expected to be a lot of, if not the entire season.
First Team All-ACC cornerback Mark Gilbert is done for the year with a hip injury, so Duke is a banged up 2-0 team.
This still will be the Bears’ first true test of the season and with Kansas next week, Baylor could be looking at 4-0 heading into the Oklahoma game.
Troy at Nebraska, Noon Big Ten Network
Open: Nebraska -7.5
Current: Troy -11.5
Some good injury news for a change as Nebraska is hopeful that Adrian Martinez will be able to suit up against Troy.
Martinez went down during the Colorado game late and the Buffs rallied for the comeback victory.
Scott Frost said earlier this week that they won’t rule out Martinez for Saturday as he is day-to-day. Even if he is a no go, the Cornhuskers can handle a Trojans team that was beat 56-20 by Boise State at home.
New Mexico at New Mexico State, 8 p.m.
Open: New Mexico -7.5
Current: New Mexico -4.5
New Mexico quarterback Tevaka Tuioti will be out after suffering a concussion during last week’s game at Wisconsin and filling in will be Tennessee transfer Sheriron Jones.
New Mexico State has begun the season 0-3 with a losses to Wyoming, Minnesota and Utah State.
Jones has some game experience he brings from the Volunteers and this should be a good game for him to get back into the swing of things.
Ohio at Virginia, 4:30 p.m.
Open: Virginia -6.5
Current: Virginia -3.5
Injures aren’t changing this one. Hurricane Florence is the cause as the time and place changed, costing Virginia at true home game against the Bobcats.
This game will be played in Nashville now and that only hurts the Cavaliers. However Ohio didn’t look great last week as the Bobcats needed to come back to beat Howard 38-32.
- College Football’s Biggest Spread and Total Movements: Week 3 - September 13, 2018
- College Football’s Biggest Odds Movements: Week 1 - August 30, 2018
- NFL Preseason Week 3 Betting: Lions at Buccaneers Free Pick - August 20, 2018
- Gronkowski Brothers: AFC Betting Picks - August 16, 2018
- NFL Preseason Betting: Bengals at Cowboys - August 13, 2018
- 2018 College World Series Betting: Oregon State vs. Arkansas Odds Recap - June 28, 2018
- 2018 College World Series Betting: Oregon State vs. Arkansas Game 3 Preview - June 28, 2018
- 2018 College World Series Betting: Oregon State vs. Arkansas Odds Recap - June 27, 2018
- 2018 College World Series Betting: Oregon State vs. Arkansas Game 2 Preview - June 27, 2018
- 2018 College World Series Betting: Oregon State vs. Arkansas Odds recap - June 27, 2018