The college football season is flying. We are already a couple weeks into conference play and bettors and oddsmakers seem to have a feel for certain teams. That being said, there are always games that bettors like more than others and those are seem in line changes.
So, lets take a look at this week’s biggest spread and total movements.
Nebraska at Northwestern, Noon ABC
Open: -8.5 Northwestern
Current: -3.5 Northwestern
After a disappointing showing against Akron, Northwestern has played well in the last two weeks playing tough at home against Michigan and beating Michigan State on the road.
Related: College Football Betting Guide
Meanwhile, Nebraska is coming off a hard fought game against Wisconsin and the Cornhuskers are hungry for a win.
The Wildcats are feeling themselves and this could potentially be a trap game for them as Northwestern has the Badgers and then Notre Dame, following this stretch against Nebraska and Rutgers.
Baylor at Texas, 3:30 p.m. ESPN
Open: -17 Texas
Current: -14 Texas
Again, Texas is one of the hotter teams in college football. After an opening week loss to Maryland and a narrow win against Tulsa, the Longhorns crushed USC and TCU, won on the road at Kansas State and beat rival Oklahoma.
Baylor is coming into town, but perhaps the Longhorns fans are more interested in a road game at Oklahoma State on the horizon and more importantly, a home game against West Virginia in two weeks.
Ball State at CMU, 3:30 p.m.
Current: CMU -3
MACtion! This game opened as a toss up, but when you look at Central Michigan’s schedule you realize the young Chippewas are tested.
Outside of a rough Week 2 showing at home against Kansas, CMU has been in every game — including outplaying Kentucky in Week 1, battling on the road at NIU, beating a good FCS team in Maine, keeping up at Michigan State and battling with a good Buffalo team.
Neither of these teams are playing well, but the edge goes to CMU at home.
UNLV at Utah State, 4 p.m.
Open: -23.5 Utah State
Current: -26.5 Utah State
UNLV is still without quarterback Armani Rogers, who has a toe injury, and the Rebels couldn’t keep up with New Mexico last week without him.
Now they need to try to keep up with Utah State, one of the fastest offenses in the nation? -26.5 still might be a little close.
Temple at Navy, 3:30 p.m. CBS Sports Network
Open: -4.5 Temple
Current: -7 Temple
Beginning this week it was unclear whether Temple would have running back Ryquell Armstead. But as the week continues the Owls sound hopeful to have Armstead carrying the rock out of the backfield. Armstead is averaging more than 100 yards and a touchdown per game.
Navy is 87th in the nation in run defense, not a great spot to be if Temple has its running game going with the Owls’ lead horse.
- 2018 FCS Playoffs Betting Odds: Semifinals Spreads, Totals and Picks - December 14, 2018
- College Football Bowl Odds and Picks - December 10, 2018
- 2018 FCS Playoffs Betting Odds: Quarterfinals - December 7, 2018
- College Football Betting: NCAA Power Rankings – Week 15 - December 4, 2018
- 2018 FCS Playoffs Betting Odds: Second Round Spreads, Totals and Picks - November 30, 2018
- 2018 FCS Playoffs Odds Update: James Madison is a sizable road favorite against Colgate - November 27, 2018
- College Football Betting: NCAA Power Rankings – Week 14 - November 27, 2018
- 2018 FCS Playoffs Betting Odds: First Round Spreads, Totals and Picks - November 23, 2018
- Futures Odds: Which teams are favored to win the 2018 FCS Playoffs Tournament Bracket - November 23, 2018
- College Football Betting: NCAA Power Rankings – Week 13 - November 20, 2018