The streaking Los Angeles Dodgers will go for their fifth win in a row they play host to the Colorado Rockies at Dodger Stadium. The matchup begins at 10:10 p.m. ET and fans can catch it on either ATRM or SNLA.
Colorado Rockies at Los Angeles Dodgers Odds
Vegas has listed Los Angeles (-165) as the favorite over Colorado (+155). The total sits at 7.5 runs and bettors can take the over for +100 and the under for -120. Runline odds stand at -140 for taking the Rockies +1.5 runs and +120 for the Dodgers -1.5.
The Rockies have gone 25-22 SU this year and are 25-21 against the spread (ATS). They’ve accumulated 5.0 units for moneyline gamblers through the early portions of the year and 5.9 units ATS. The Dodgers, on the other hand, are 20-26 SU and 16-29 ATS. They’ve lost 24.2 units for moneyline bettors and 15.3 units ATS.
Dodgers games have had an over/under record of 22-22-1 so far in 2018. Colorado has been a decent under bet with a total record of 17-26-3.
German Marquez will get the start for Colorado. The right-handed Marquez is 2-5 with a 5.15 ERA and 43 strikeouts. He has yet to face Los Angeles this year, but he made two starts against the Dodgers in 2017, posting a 0-0 record against them with a 4.50 ERA and four strikeouts.
The Dodgers will send righty Walker Buehler (2-1, 2.67 ERA) to the mound. Buehler has 34 strikeouts and nine walks to his name, as well as a 1.15 WHIP. Buehler did not record a start against the Rockies in 2017.
Los Angeles’ pitchers have allowed 4.1 runs per game overall this season as a unit. Its starters have a 3.42 ERA, 1.18 WHIP and 9.9 strikeouts per nine innings. The bullpen has a 4.33 ERA, 1.39 WHIP and 9.3 K/9. In 28 games against divisional opponents, Dodgers starters have an ERA of 3.51 and the bullpen’s ERA is 4.22.
The Los Angeles offense is putting up 4.4 runs per outing, including 4.7 per game against divisional foes and 5.6 per game over its last five. The team has hit .253/.337/.483 over its last five matchups and is 4-1 SU during that span.
The Dodgers’ offense has been led by Yasmani Grandal, who is slashing .270/.370/.511 with eight home runs, 28 RBIs and 23 runs scored.
In the other dugout, Colorado’s pitching staff allowed 4.6 runs per game and its starters own a 4.30 ERA, 1.34 WHIP and 8.28 K/9. The bullpen has logged an ERA of 4.69, along with a WHIP of 1.34.
Rockies hitters have slashed .233/.309/.395 on their way to 4.1 runs scored per game in 2018, including 4.7 runs per game against divisional foes and 4.0 per game over the team’s last five outings (2-3 SU).
Colorado’s hitters have been spearheaded by Nolan Arenado. Arenado is hitting .331/.418/.567 with eight home runs, 25 RBIs and 25 runs scored. He seemed to have a little trouble hitting righty pitching on the road last year. Over 263 such plate appearances, he put up a slash line of .243/.316/.443 (compared to his total season line of .309/.373/.586).
The Dodgers are coming off of a 7-2 win against the Nationals, while the Rockies just dropped a 9-5 game to the Giants.
Colorado Rockies at Los Angeles Dodgers MLB Tip
Predictions: SU Winner – Dodgers, ATS Winner – Rockies, O/U – OVER
The under has hit in four of Colorado’s last seven games.
The Rockies have hit 12 home runs in their last 10 games. The Dodgers have hit 13 over their last 10.
The Colorado defense has allowed two errors over the last 10 games, compared to seven errors for Los Angeles over its last 10.
- Mississippi Valley State Delta Devils vs. Santa Clara Broncos Betting Preview 12/13/18 - December 13, 2018
- Morehead State Eagles vs. Samford Bulldogs ATS Preview 12/13/18 - December 13, 2018
- North Carolina Central Eagles at McNeese State Cowboys Free Preview 12/13/18 - December 13, 2018
- North Florida Ospreys vs. FIU Golden Panthers ATS Preview 12/13/18 - December 13, 2018
- Maryland Eastern Shore Hawks vs. Duquesne Dukes Betting Preview 12/13/18 - December 13, 2018
- Boston University Terriers vs. Dartmouth Big Green Odds Preview 12/13/18 - December 13, 2018
- Milwaukee Panthers vs. UMKC Kangaroos ATS Preview 12/13/18 - December 13, 2018
- Kennesaw State Owls at Gardner-Webb Runnin’ Bulldogs ATS Preview 12/13/18 - December 13, 2018
- New Orleans Privateers at Tulsa Golden Hurricane ATS Preview 12/13/18 - December 13, 2018
- Lamar Cardinals at Bakersfield Roadrunners Free Preview 12/13/18 - December 13, 2018