The Detroit Pistons (4-5) will try to snap their five-game losing streak when they clash against the Orlando Magic (4-6) at Amway Center. The game will air on Fox SportsNet Florida at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 7, 2018.
The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 211.5 points with Detroit set as a 1-point favorite.
Detroit Pistons vs. Orlando Magic ATS Prediction
The Pistons failed to cover as 2.5-point favorites in their 120-115 loss to the Miami Heat in their last matchup. The game’s total points (235) finished well over the projected point total of 219.5. Getting to the charity stripe was one of Miami’s biggest advantages. They made 31 trips to the line, while Detroit went 28 times. Detroit’s Andre Drummond put together a good game, putting up 25 points and 24 rebounds.
The last time the Magic took the floor, they won a close one over the Cleveland Cavaliers, 102-100, but failed to cover as 3.5-point favorites. The total points for the game (202) finished under the projected point total of 214.5. The Magic made 13 of their 15 free throws (86.7 percent), while the Cavaliers had a turnover percentage of 17.4 (above their season average of 12.4). Aaron Gordon was the top scorer from either team with 23 points on 9-for-15 shooting from the field.
The Magic won two out of three games against the Pistons last season. In the last contest, Orlando won 115-106. Orlando’s 0.587 effective field goal percentage was its biggest advantage over Detroit, who had a rate of 0.500.
Detroit holds records of 4-5 straight up (SU) and 3-6 against the spread (ATS). Pistons games have typically gone over the total (55.6 percent).
Meanwhile, Orlando owns records of 4-6 SU and 4-6 ATS. Unlike Detroit, games including the Magic have a tendency to finish under the total (70.0 percent).
Orlando could put on a ball-control clinic in this battle. Dating back to last season, Orlando ranks third in the league at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 13.8 percent), while Detroit has forced the ninth-fewest turnovers (14.2 percent). It will also be a showdown of contrasting tempos as the up-and-down Pistons rank fifth in possessions per game, while the more half-court oriented Magic rank 25th.
Detroit Pistons at Orlando Magic ATS Pick
Free Pick: SU Winner – Pistons, ATS Winner – Pistons, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2017-Present):
Orlando is 13-9 when they allow less than 100 points, while Detroit is 22-6.
The Magic are 27-33 when they score above 100 points, while the Pistons are 39-22.
Detroit averages 44.3 rebounds per game, which ranks fourth in the NBA. Orlando ranks 25th in rebounds allowed per game (46.2).
The Magic rank 13th in assists per game (23.6) while the Pistons rank 29th (22.5).
Orlando ranks 13th in steals per game (7.6) while Detroit ranks 27th (7.5).
The Pistons rank 15th in points in the paint per game (44.0) while the Magic rank 28th (45.2).
Orlando ranks 21st in fast break points per game (12.5) while Detroit ranks 28th (10.7).
The Pistons rank third in second chance points allowed per game (11.2) while the Magic rank ninth (12.6).
Orlando ranks fifth in blocks allowed per game (4.8) while Detroit ranks seventh (4.8).
- East Tennessee State Buccaneers at UNCG Spartans ATS Preview 02/24/19 - February 26, 2019
- Villanova Wildcats vs. Xavier Musketeers ATS Preview 02/24/19 - February 26, 2019
- Florida A&M Rattlers at South Carolina State Bulldogs Game Preview 02/18/19 - February 19, 2019
- Georgia Bulldogs at Texas A&M Aggies Betting Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Davidson Wildcats at Fordham Rams Betting Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- LSU Tigers at Kentucky Wildcats Free Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Michigan Wolverines at Penn State Nittany Lions Free Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Eastern Michigan Eagles at Ohio Bobcats Free Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Arkansas Razorbacks vs. Missouri Tigers Betting Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Purdue Boilermakers at Maryland Terrapins Odds Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019