Detroit Tigers vs. Cleveland Indians Odds
Vegas is listing Detroit (+225) as the underdog to Cleveland (-250). Gamblers can wager on the game’s total with odds posted at even money (+100) for over 9.5 runs and -120 for under 9.5. Bettors can also wager on the game’s runline with the odds sitting at Tigers +1.5 runs (+100) and Indians -1.5 runs (-120).
The Indians are 83-65 straight up (SU) and 69-78 against the spread (ATS). They’ve lost 22.1 units for moneyline bettors and 19.5 units (ATS). The Tigers have gone 60-88 SU this year and are 78-69 ATS. In total, the team’s lost 4.8 units for moneyline gamblers and 1.3 units ATS.
Cleveland games have had an over/under record of 70-69-8 in 2018. Detroit has been a good under bet with a total record of 62-77-8.
The left-handed Francisco Liriano is the projected starter for the visiting Tigers. Liriano is 4-10 with a 4.58 ERA and 94 strikeouts. He’s 0-2 with 11 strikeouts and a 4.96 ERA against Cleveland this year (three starts).
The Indians will send righty Shane Bieber (10-3, 4.32 ERA) to the mound. Bieber has 104 punchouts and 19 walks to his name, as well as a WHIP of 1.33. Bieber is 1-0 with nine strikeouts and a 0.00 ERA in one start against Detroit this year.
Detroit’s pitching staff allowed 4.8 runs per game and its starters own a 4.50 ERA, 1.29 WHIP and 7.43 K/9. The bullpen has managed an ERA of 4.48, along with a WHIP of 1.29.
Tigers hitters have slashed .242/.303/.382 on their way to 3.9 runs scored per game in 2018, including 3.8 runs per game against divisional foes and 3.0 per game over the team’s last five contests (1-4 SU).
Detroit’s offense has been fueled by right fielder Nicholas Castellanos and shortstop Jose Iglesias. Castellanos is hitting .295/.353/.491 with 21 home runs, 81 RBIs and 78 runs scored. Iglesias is hitting .269 with five homers, 48 RBIs, 43 runs and 15 stolen bases.
For the home team, Cleveland’s pitching staff has yielded 4.0 runs per game overall this season. The club’s starting pitching staff has a 3.41 ERA, 1.14 WHIP and 9.6 strikeouts per nine innings. The bullpen has a 4.61 ERA, 1.32 WHIP and 9.3 K/9. In 65 games against divisional opponents, Indians starters have an ERA of 2.61 and the bullpen’s ERA is 3.26.
Cleveland’s hitters have produced 5.1 runs per outing, including 5.4 per game against divisional foes and 5.4 per game over their last five. The team has hit .243/.335/.434 over its last five games and is 2-3 SU during that stretch.
The Indians’ offense has been led by shortstop Francisco Lindor and left fielder Michael Brantley. Lindor is hitting .282/.355/.525 with 35 home runs, 86 RBIs, 120 runs and 23 steals, while Brantley’s line is .307/.363/.472 with 16 homers, 73 RBIs and 82 runs.
The Tigers have lost 11.6 units and are 55-55 ATS when facing a right-handed starting pitcher this season. The over has hit in 42 of those games, as opposed to 61 that’ve hit the under in such games. On the other hand, the Indians have lost 7.8 units and are 17-21 ATS when facing a lefty starter. The over’s cashed in 17 of those games, compared to 18 that went under the total.
Detroit Tigers vs. Cleveland Indians Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Indians, ATS Winner – Tigers, O/U – OVER
The under has hit in four of Detroit’s last seven games.
The Detroit defense has allowed 12 errors over the last 10 games, compared to four errors for Cleveland over its last 10.
The Tigers have hit 10 home runs in their last 10 games. The Indians have hit 16 over their last 10.
- Ball State Cardinals vs. Alabama Crimson Tide Free Preview 11/16/18 - November 16, 2018
- Wake Forest Demon Deacons vs. Cal State Fullerton Titans Free Preview 11/16/18 - November 16, 2018
- Purdue Boilermakers vs. Davidson Wildcats Odds Preview 11/16/18 - November 16, 2018
- Virginia Tech Hokies vs. Northeastern Huskies Odds Preview 11/16/18 - November 16, 2018
- Appalachian State Mountaineers vs. Wichita State Shockers Free Preview 11/16/18 - November 16, 2018
- Western Kentucky Hilltoppers vs. West Virginia Mountaineers Betting Preview 11/16/18 - November 16, 2018
- Chicago Bulls vs. Milwaukee Bucks Odds Preview 11/16/18 - November 16, 2018
- Brooklyn Nets vs. Washington Wizards ATS Preview 11/16/18 - November 16, 2018
- Sacramento Kings at Memphis Grizzlies Odds Preview 11/16/18 - November 16, 2018
- Utah Jazz at Philadelphia 76ers Odds Preview 11/16/18 - November 16, 2018