F1 Betting: Lewis Hamilton is the favorite to win Sunday’s Belgian Grand Prix that can be seen on NBCSN. Hamilton is 11 points behind Nico Rosberg in the F1 standings with eight races remaining in the season. Mercedes has dominated Formula One this season with Rosberg and Hamilton combining to win nine of the 11 races. Here is a look at Sunday’s race, F1 odds and F1 picks.
Belgian Grand Prix Odds
Can Anyone Challenge the Top Two?
Rosberg and Hamilton are well clear of the rest of the drivers in Formula One so the Championship will come down to one of those two. The question is whether anyone can steal a win or two down the stretch. Four-time defending Formula One champion, Sebastian Vettel, has had a forgettable season as he has only made the podium twice and has no poles. His teammate Daniel Ricciardo is having the better season with two wins. It would seem more likely that Ricciardo could challenge the Mercedes drivers or perhaps it will be the Williams’ drivers as the Williams’ cars do have Mercedes engines and that would mean Bottas and Massa might contend this week in Belgium. Williams’ director of Trackside Engineering, Rob Smedley said that his cars have the power to challenge this week. “Power sensitivity at Spa is very high; every horsepower you have is worth more there than at other tracks,” he said. “The drag sensitivity is very high. And we know our car is very strong in those areas. Additionally, I think at somewhere like Spa, with harder compounds, it can sometimes be quite difficult to get the tyres turned on and I think our car can do that – especially when it’s a front-end problem.”
The Spa in Belgium has long laps and that means the cars are running at full speed for about three quarters of the race. The Mercedes engines should dominate this race. We’ll go with Hamilton at odds-on and for a longshot we’ll go with Massa at odds of 16-1.
- 2016 NCAA Basketball Championship Odds: Duke Looks To Reload And Repeat - June 25, 2015
- College Football National Championship Odds: Buckeyes Heavy Favorites To Repeat - June 24, 2015
- Stanley Cup Finals Fantasy Picks: Kane Leads The Way For Blackhawks - June 1, 2015
- Tampa Bay Lightning vs. New York Rangers Fantasy Matchups and Picks - May 16, 2015
- Chicago Blackhawks vs. Anaheim Ducks Fantasy Matchup and Picks - May 12, 2015
- Steven Stamkos and Corey Perry Lead Thursday and Friday NHL Fantasy Picks - May 7, 2015
- Amari Cooper Fantasy Football Outlook for 2015 - May 5, 2015
- Odell Beckham Jr. Fantasy Football Outlook for 2015 - April 30, 2015
- Strength of Schedule for Fantasy Football Players In 2015: What Positions Have The Most Favorable Paths? - April 28, 2015
- What To Expect Of Nick Foles’ First Season In St. Louis - April 23, 2015