F1 Betting: Expect more Mercedes domination in Sunday’s Singapore Grand Prix as Lewis Hamilton is listed as the odds-on favorite to win the race with Nico Rosberg the second choice. One of the two Mercedes drivers has finished first in 10 of the 13 Formula One races this season. Let’s look at the race on Sunday and F1 predictions.
It is all about Hamilton and Rosberg for the F1 Championship. Even though Rosberg has a 22 point lead over Hamilton in the driver standings, the current F1 odds at the sportsbook on which driver will win the title are a pick. Hamilton can continue to gain ground in the standings on Rosberg by winning the Singapore Grand Prix on Sunday. Rosberg has not had much success in Singapore and he didn’t sound that confident going into Sunday’s race saying, “From a drivers’ point of view, Singapore is a really tough weekend – mainly because of the strange timings and the heat. We come to this race straight from the European stage of the season, so it’s a big change and your body has to adapt quickly to get the best out of the weekend.”
Mercedes Expecting to Win
Anything other than either a Hamilton or Rosberg win would be a surprise. Mercedes team boss Paddy Lowe wants both of his drivers to stay out of trouble and avoid drama. “Singapore is always an action-packed, incident-filled race, with the nature of the track and the heat playing a role in retirements – both mechanical and by human error,” Lowe said. “We’ll be aiming to steer clear of any drama and come away with another strong result as the season enters its final third.”
The Singapore Grand Prix at Marina Bay is the only night race of the season. The circuit is lit by 108,423 meters of power cables and 1,600 light projectors. Singapore is a really special race. The obvious difference is, of course, that it’s a night race,” Hamilton said. “But beyond that, it’s a spectacular event in a great city. What makes this one quite tough is the heat and, particularly, the humidity.”
It has been all about picking one of the Mercedes drivers nearly every week this season. We’ll look for Hamilton to win this race on Sunday and gain ground on this teammate.
- 2016 NCAA Basketball Championship Odds: Duke Looks To Reload And Repeat - June 25, 2015
- College Football National Championship Odds: Buckeyes Heavy Favorites To Repeat - June 24, 2015
- Stanley Cup Finals Fantasy Picks: Kane Leads The Way For Blackhawks - June 1, 2015
- Tampa Bay Lightning vs. New York Rangers Fantasy Matchups and Picks - May 16, 2015
- Chicago Blackhawks vs. Anaheim Ducks Fantasy Matchup and Picks - May 12, 2015
- Steven Stamkos and Corey Perry Lead Thursday and Friday NHL Fantasy Picks - May 7, 2015
- Amari Cooper Fantasy Football Outlook for 2015 - May 5, 2015
- Odell Beckham Jr. Fantasy Football Outlook for 2015 - April 30, 2015
- Strength of Schedule for Fantasy Football Players In 2015: What Positions Have The Most Favorable Paths? - April 28, 2015
- What To Expect Of Nick Foles’ First Season In St. Louis - April 23, 2015