This week the 118th US Open Championship will be the subject on The Golf Undigested Podcast with Clark Burroughs, a former PGA Tour player and proud Ohio State Buckeye, who dishes out his latest news and musings in the world of golf.
For all the latest golf odds and predictions, never miss an episode of Burroughs’ insightful advice and hilarious observations into the greatest game of all, GOLF!
Burroughs starts Podcast #78 by talking about the world of golf – who is hot and who is not heading into this week’s second major championship of the year – the 118th US Open Championship where Brooks Koepka is the defending champion. Burroughs makes his picks for the week as well as helping you set your fantasy team. Our host record for the year is 39-23-5 for the year. Burroughs dishes on this week’s action on all the tours across the world.
118th U.S. Open Championship
2018 U.S. Open
Defending Champion: Brooks Koepka
Venue: Shinnecock Hills
TV Coverage for the U.S. Open: Thursday, 9:30 a.m.-4 p.m. ET – FOX Sports 1, 4:00-7:30
p.m. – FOX. Friday, 10:00 a.m.-4 p.m. ET – FOX Sports 1, 4:00-7:30 p.m. -FOX. Saturday, 11:00
a.m.-7:30 p.m. – FOX. Sunday, 10:00 a.m.-7:30 p.m. – FOX.
Burroughs Predictions for the United States Open: (ODDS courtesy of BETDSI.eu)
Shinnecock Hills alone narrows it down to between 20-25 players that can win this week. It’s a long, long course and the big hitters in the game are going to flourish to the top of the leaderboard. It’s a huge advantage for the bombers this week.
Dustin Johnson +1000 won last week to take back the No. 1 spot in the world rankings and when he hits his driver like he did last week, he’s nearly unbeatable. The win was his 18th in his career and now we can look as DJ as one of the all-time greats – I mean the way he’s going he’s
going to win 25-30 tournaments with multiple majors which would put him in elite status. He said last week that he was playing great, swinging great and he always possesses a great attitude. All that spells trouble for the rest of the field. His best buddy(Koepka) won last year, this year it’s the Dustin Johnson show. DJ wins!
I wouldn’t waste my time with Jordan Spieth +1439. He’s not in very good form and clearly not playing like the No. 4 ranked player in the world. He’s missed two cuts in his last five starts with a best finish of T21. Those are not very good numbers. His putter is cold, his attitude isn’t great and he’s going to again struggle this week. I’m staying away and so should you.
Tony Finau +6000 is as long as anyone in the world and it’s time for him to jump into the mix in a major championship. After checking out his record in major’s, I like him even more. He’s played pretty well in all the majors – T10 at the Masters in April, T18 at last year’s Open
Championship, a T10 at the 2015 PGA Championship and T14 at the 2015 U.S. Open. He’s the No. 37 player in the world and currently No. 12 in the FedEx Cup standings – he’s good! At +6000, he’s a great play in all formats.
Great stories and great insight into the world of golf, every week on Golf Undigested.
Please email me at email@example.com for any questions about the game of golf.
Get the latest line moves as well as sleeper picks, right here on the 78th edition of the Get More Sports original golf podcast, Golf Undigested. Enjoy your week. Keep your head down, Hit em’ straight and Take it Deeeeeep!
Be sure to check out the NEW Get More Sports APP at the Google Store.
- 2018 NBA Draft Prop Bets - June 20, 2018
- The Golf Undigested Podcast with Clark Burroughs talks US Open Picks, Odds, and Predictions - June 13, 2018
- UFC 225 Fight Preview | Rafael Dos Anjos vs Colby Covington - June 8, 2018
- 2018 Indianapolis 500 Race Preview | Betting Odds | Highlights | Picks & Predictions - May 25, 2018
- 2018 Belmont Stakes – Top Horses & Opening Betting Odds - May 22, 2018
- Survivor Ghost Island Betting Odds – Finale Odds to Win - May 21, 2018
- UFC 224 Amanda Nunes vs Raquel Pennington Fight Recap Review by Hollywood Joe Tussing - May 13, 2018
- UFC 224 Amanda Cooper vs. Mackenzie Dern | Fight Recap Review by Hollywood Joe Tussing - May 13, 2018
- UFC 224 Kelvin Gastelum vs. “Jacare” Souza Fight Recap Review by Hollywood Joe Tussing - May 13, 2018
- UFC 224 Brian Kelleher vs. John Lineker | Fight Recap Review by Hollywood Joe Tussing - May 13, 2018