The Golf Undigested Podcast with Clark Burroughs, a former PGA Tour player and proud Ohio State Buckeye, dishes out his latest news and musings in the world of golf. For all the latest golf odds and predictions, never miss an episode of Burroughs’ insightful advice and hilarious observations into the greatest game of all, GOLF!
Burroughs starts Podcast #36 by discussing the new rule change that the USGA and R&A will put into effect January 1, 2017. Basically, it should be called the “Dustin Johnson Rule” after the USGA botched last year’s U.S. Open that could have cost Johnson the title.The new “Local Rule” will help the players and speed the game up. Burroughs talks about the progress of Tiger Woods and his recent play at the Hero World Challenge, and makes predictions for next year’s Masters.
Golf Undigested Golf Rankings – Volume 1
1. Dustin Johnson – The most Athletic golfer of his generation. He adds another major this year.
2. Hideki Matsuyama – Finally figuring out how good he can be, still only 24 and a major win on the horizon.
3. Rory McIlroy – Always a contender anytime he tees it up, however, I don’t think he wins a major this year.
4. Jordan Spieth – The Texan is going to have a monster year and return to the No. 1 player in the world.
5. Patrick Reed – Brass Balls! He needs to win more and use his Ryder Cup domination in a positive, but not cocky way.
6. Henrik Stenson – The best ball-striker in the world! His putting hold him back.
7. Adam Scott – Second best ball-striker on the planet. He can dominate for multiple weeks when he gets hot.
8. Alex Noren – Former Oklahoma State product, the Swede won four times on the European Tour last year.
9. Sergio Garcia – He’s always in the mix because he’s solid as a rock in all phases of the game.
10. Jason Day – I have the No. 1 player in the world as my No. 10. He’s always hurt or sick and his back is a real concern heading forward.
Brooks Koepka – Hits it a mile and his recent success at the Ryder Cup will go a long ways. Big Year!
Rickie Fowler – Always in the mix, but needs to win more to be truly elite.
Tiger Woods – still ranked in the 600’s, I’m curious to see how far he climbs by the end of the season
Jon Rahm – He already is ranked No. 137. He will win this year and spring into the top 50.
Our host wraps up Podcast #36 by making a few bold predictions for the upcoming year and talks about golf in Costa Rica with two special guests, Juan Marin, the assistant pro at Cariari Country Club and collegiate player, Jose Mendez who plays college golf at the University of Minnesota.
Great stories and great insight into the world of golf, every week on Golf Undigested.
Get the latest line moves as well as sleeper picks, right here on the 36th edition of the Get More Sports original golf podcast, Golf Undigested. Winner, winner, chicken parm dinner! Enjoy your week. Keep your head down and Hit em’ straight.
- Golf Undigested Podcast – Episode 50 - April 19, 2017
- Golf Undigested – Episode 49 - April 12, 2017
- Golf Undigested Podcast – Episode 48 - April 5, 2017
- Golf Undigested Podcast – Episode 47 - March 22, 2017
- Golf Undigested – Episode 46 - March 15, 2017
- Golf Undigested Podcast – Episode 45 - March 8, 2017
- Golf Undigested Podcast – Episode 44 - March 1, 2017
- Golf Undigested Podcast – Episode 43 - February 22, 2017
- Golf Undigested Podcast – Episode 42 - February 15, 2017
- Golf Undigested – Episode 41 - February 1, 2017