The Los Angeles Angels are set to do battle against the Houston Astros at Angel Stadium of Anaheim. The first pitch is scheduled for 9:40 p.m. ET and ATTSN Southwest is in line to televise the action.
Houston Astros vs. Los Angeles Angels Odds
Houston (-150) is favored over Los Angeles (+140) and oddsmakers have the Over/Under for this night game at 7 runs. The odds for betting on the game’s total sit at +105 for the under and -125 for the over. Runline odds sit at -105 for taking the Astros -1.5 runs and -115 for the Angels +1.5.
The Angels are 25-17 SU and 22-19 ATS. They’ve gained 8.2 units for bettors taking the moneyline and 3.7 units against the spread (ATS). The Astros, on the other hand, have gone 27-17 SU this year and are 22-21 ATS. In total, the team’s lost 4.2 units for bettors taking the moneyline over the early part of the season and 1.8 units ATS.
Angels games have a 21-20 over/under record so far in 2018. The Astros have been a good under bet with a total record of 14-27-2.
Justin Verlander is getting the start for the visiting Astros. The right-handed Verlander is 4-2 with a 1.21 ERA and 77 strikeouts. He’s 1-0 with nine strikeouts and a 2.57 ERA against Los Angeles this year (three starts).
The Angels will turn to righty Garrett Richards (4-1, 4.08 ERA) to the mound. Richards has 49 strikeouts and 20 walks to his name, as well as a WHIP of 1.31. Richards hasn’t faced the Astros yet this year, but he made two starts against them in 2017, compiling a 0-1 record with a 0.82 ERA and 10 strikeouts.
Los Angeles’ pitchers have yielded 4.1 runs per game overall in 2018 as a unit. Its starters have a 3.89 ERA, 1.24 WHIP and 9.3 strikeouts per nine innings. The bullpen has a 3.72 ERA, 1.40 WHIP and 9.0 K/9. In 18 games against AL West opponents, Angels starters have an ERA of 3.28 and the bullpen’s ERA is 3.88.
The Los Angeles hitters have produced 4.9 runs per outing, including 6.0 per game against divisional foes and 2.8 per game over their last five. The team’s hit .218/.321/.309 over its last five games and is 2-3 SU during that span.
Mike Trout has helped lead the Angels’ offense this season with 12 home runs, 25 RBIs, 34 runs and eight stolen bases. Trout seemed to enjoy hitting righty pitching at home in 2017, slashing .352/.468/.753 over 203 such plate appearances (compared to his overall season line of .306/.442/.629).
In the visiting dugout, Houston’s pitching staff allowed 2.6 runs per game and its starters own a 2.31 ERA, 0.95 WHIP and 10.77 K/9. The bullpen has an ERA of 2.94, along with a K/9 of 10.09.
The Astros offense has slashed .254/.333/.407 on its way to 4.7 runs scored per game this season, including 5.0 runs per game against divisional foes and 3.6 per game over the team’s last five outings (3-2 SU).
Houston’s hitters have been spearheaded by Carlos Correa. Correa is slashing .287/.374/.507 with seven home runs, 29 RBIs and 26 runs scored.
The Astros just took the previous game in this series by a score of five runs to three.
Houston Astros at Los Angeles Angels Pick
Predictions: SU Winner – Astros, ATS Winner – Astros, O/U – OVER
The over has hit in only one of Houston’s last seven games.
The Astros have hit 13 home runs in their last 10 games. The Angels have hit 15 over their last 10.
Los Angeles has averaged 23.7 runs + hits + errors over its last 10 contests and 17.2 over its last five.
The Astros have won three of their last four games SU.
- Cal State Fullerton Titans at San Francisco Dons Betting Preview 12/16/18 - December 16, 2018
- Delaware Fightin’ Blue Hens vs. Stony Brook Seawolves Odds Preview 12/16/18 - December 16, 2018
- Northeastern Huskies vs. Vermont Catamounts ATS Preview 12/16/18 - December 16, 2018
- Maine Black Bears at Duquesne Dukes ATS Preview 12/16/18 - December 16, 2018
- Tulsa Golden Hurricane vs. Dayton Flyers Free Preview 12/16/18 - December 16, 2018
- Fairfield Stags vs. Boston College Eagles Betting Preview 12/16/18 - December 16, 2018
- Saint Louis Billikens vs. Houston Cougars Free Preview 12/16/18 - December 16, 2018
- Green Bay Phoenix at Michigan State Spartans ATS Preview 12/16/18 - December 16, 2018
- Central Arkansas Bears vs. New Mexico Lobos Betting Preview 12/16/18 - December 16, 2018
- Nebraska Cornhuskers vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys ATS Preview 12/16/18 - December 16, 2018