The Boston Red Sox are set to face the Houston Astros in Game 2 of the American League Championship Series. The visiting Astros currently have a 1-0 lead in the series, and the action will be televised on TBS. This matchup gets underway 7:09 p.m. ET.
Houston Astros vs. Boston Red Sox Odds
Including the regular season, the Red Sox are 111-56 straight up (SU) and 96-70 against the spread (ATS). The team has gained 34.4 units for moneyline bettors and 23.2 units (ATS). The Astros, on the other hand, are 107-59 SU and have gone 86-79 ATS. In total, the team’s gained 0.5 units for moneyline bettors, but have lost 1.6 units ATS.
Boston games have an over/under record of 79-79-8 in 2018. Astros games have gone under 85 times, gone over 72 times and pushed on eight occasions.
Gerrit Cole will get the start for the visiting Astros. The right-handed Cole is 15-5 with a 2.88 ERA and 276 strikeouts. He’s 1-0 with 15 strikeouts and a 3.46 ERA against Boston this year (two starts).
The Red Sox are sending lefty David Price (16-7, 3.58 ERA) to the mound. Price has 177 strikeouts and 50 walks to his credit, as well as a WHIP of 1.14. Price is 1-0 with 17 strikeouts and a 3.65 ERA over two starts against Houston this year.
With a team slash line of .291/.421/.567, the Astros have averaged 7.0 runs scored through four postseason games. The Red Sox are hitting .247/.337/.371 and the team has put up 5.8 runs during this year’s playoffs.
The Red Sox bullpen (9.9 K/9) has registered an ERA of 4.50 and a WHIP of 1.45 this postseason, while Astros relievers (8.6 K/9) have performed noticeably better with a 0.71 ERA and 0.63 WHIP.
Third baseman Alex Bregman and second baseman Jose Altuve continue to lead Houston’s hitters. Bregman is slashing .290/.403/.543 with 33 home runs, 107 RBIs and 112 runs scored, while Altuve is hitting .313 with 14 homers, 63 RBIs, 89 runs and 17 stolen bases.
The Red Sox hitters have been led by J.D. Martinez and Mookie Betts. Martinez is hitting .329/.402/.625 with 44 home runs, 136 RBIs and 112 runs scored, and the line for Betts stands at .341/.433/.626 with 32 homers, 82 RBIs, 132 runs and 30 stolen bases.
The Astros are coming off a 7-2 victory in Game 1 of this series.
Houston Astros at Boston Red Sox MLB Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Red Sox, ATS Winner – Astros, O/U – OVER
Houston has recorded 17 extra-base hits over its last five games. Boston has 12 XBH over its last five.
The Astros have won seven of their last eight games SU.
Boston has recorded 27.0 Runs + Hits + Errors per game over its last 10 outings and 22.6 over its last five.
The Astros have hit 17 home runs in their last 10 games, including 10 over their last five.
- New York Rangers at New York Islanders Free Prediction 11/15/18 - November 15, 2018
- New Jersey Devils vs. Philadelphia Flyers Game Preview 11/15/18 - November 15, 2018
- Detroit Red Wings vs. Ottawa Senators Free Prediction 11/15/18 - November 15, 2018
- Florida Panthers vs. Columbus Blue Jackets Betting Preview 11/15/18 - November 15, 2018
- Tampa Bay Lightning at Pittsburgh Penguins Betting Preview 11/15/18 - November 15, 2018
- Toronto Maple Leafs at San Jose Sharks Free Prediction 11/15/18 - November 15, 2018
- UC Irvine Anteaters at Santa Clara Broncos Betting Preview 11/15/18 - November 15, 2018
- Hartford Hawks at Quinnipiac Bobcats Betting Preview 11/15/18 - November 15, 2018
- Abilene Christian Wildcats vs. Denver Pioneers Free Preview 11/15/18 - November 15, 2018
- Pacific Tigers at Idaho State Bengals Odds Preview 11/15/18 - November 15, 2018