A series sweep is on the line as the Cleveland Indians are set to host the Houston Astros in Game 3 of the ALDS. The visiting Astros (up 2-0) are just one win away from reaching the ALCS. This game is scheduled to begin at 1:30 p.m. ET and will be televised on TBS.
Houston Astros vs. Cleveland Indians Odds
Vegas has listed Cleveland (-120) as the favorite over Houston (+110). The total stands at eight runs and bettors can wager on the over for +100 or the under for -120. Bettors can also wager on the game’s runline with the most recent odds coming in at Astros +1.5 runs (-190) and Indians -1.5 runs (+165).
The Astros have gone 105-59 SU across the regular season and postseason, and are 85-79 against the spread (ATS). The team hasn’t moved the needle very much this year, losing 0.7 units for moneyline bettors and 2.5 units ATS. Houston is 3-4 ATS over its last seven games and the total has gone under in six of those seven. The Indians, on the other hand, are 91-73 SU and 76-88 ATS. The team’s lost 26.5 units for moneyline bettors and 25.6 units ATS. Cleveland has covered the spread only twice over its last seven games and the total has gone over in four of those seven.
Cleveland games have an over/under record of 78-76-10 in 2018. The Astros have been a decent under bet with a total record of 71-85-8.
Dallas Keuchel will get the start for the Stros. The southpaw Keuchel is 12-11 with a 3.74 ERA and 153 strikeouts. He’s 0-1 with eight strikeouts and a 4.91 ERA against Cleveland this year (two starts).
The Indians are handing the ball to righty Mike Clevinger (13-8, 3.02 ERA), who’s got 207 strikeouts and 67 walks to his name, as well as a 1.16 WHIP. Clevinger is 0-2 with 10 strikeouts and a 6.17 ERA across two starts against Houston this year.
With a team slash line of .333/.408/.619, the Astros have scored 5.0 runs per game through two playoff outings. The Indians are hitting .100/.156/.150 over two games and the team has put up 1.5 runs in this year’s playoffs.
The Indians bullpen has registered an ERA of 6.00 and a WHIP of 2.00 this postseason, while Astros relievers have fared significantly better with a 0.00 ERA and 0.53 WHIP.
Houston’s offense has been powered by third baseman Alex Bregman and second baseman Jose Altuve. Bregman is slashing .288/.397/.542 with 33 home runs, 106 RBIs and 108 runs scored, while Altuve is hitting .315/.384/.454 with 14 homers, 62 RBIs, 86 runs and 17 stolen bases.
The Indians’ batters have been led by shortstop Francisco Lindor and left fielder Michael Brantley. Lindor is slashing .277/.351/.520 with 39 home runs, 93 RBIs, 131 runs and 25 stolen bases, while Brantley is hitting .307 with 17 homers, 76 RBIs and 89 runs.
The Astros are coming off a 3-1 victory in the prior game of this series.
Houston Astros vs. Cleveland Indians Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Indians, ATS Winner – Astros, O/U – OVER
Houston has recorded 15 extra-base hits over its last five outings. Cleveland has 13 XBH over its last five.
The Astros have hit 15 home runs in their last 10 games, including 10 over their last five.
Cleveland has recorded 23.4 runs + hits + errors per game over its last 10 contests and 19.8 over its last five.
The Astros have won five of their last six games SU while the Indians have lost three of their last four.
- East Tennessee State Buccaneers at UNCG Spartans ATS Preview 02/24/19 - February 26, 2019
- Villanova Wildcats vs. Xavier Musketeers ATS Preview 02/24/19 - February 26, 2019
- Florida A&M Rattlers at South Carolina State Bulldogs Game Preview 02/18/19 - February 19, 2019
- Georgia Bulldogs at Texas A&M Aggies Betting Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Davidson Wildcats at Fordham Rams Betting Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- LSU Tigers at Kentucky Wildcats Free Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Michigan Wolverines at Penn State Nittany Lions Free Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Eastern Michigan Eagles at Ohio Bobcats Free Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Arkansas Razorbacks vs. Missouri Tigers Betting Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Purdue Boilermakers at Maryland Terrapins Odds Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019