Houston Astros vs. Oakland Athletics Odds
Oakland (+150) is coming into this one as the underdog to Houston (-160) and oddsmakers have the Over/Under for this one at 8 runs (+100 for the over and -120 for the under). Bettors can also wager on the game’s spread with the runline odds coming in at Astros -1.5 runs (-110) and Athletics +1.5 runs (-110).
The Astros have gone 43-25 SU this year and are 36-31 against the spread (ATS). They’ve gained 1.4 units for bettors taking the moneyline and 3.5 units ATS. The Athletics, on the other hand, are 34-33 SU and 31-35 ATS. The team has gained 2.0 units for moneyline bettors while gaining 5.0 units ATS.
Athletics games have an over/under record of 29-33-4 so far in 2018. The Astros have been a decent under bet with a total record of 28-35-4.
Gerrit Cole will get the start for the Stros. The right-handed Cole is 7-1 with a 2.16 ERA and 124 strikeouts. He’s 1-0 with 21 strikeouts and a 2.84 ERA against Oakland this year.
The Athletics are putting the ball in the right hand of Paul Blackburn (1-0, 1.50 ERA, 0.50 WHIP), who’s got three punchouts and zero walks. Blackburn hasn’t faced the Astros yet this year and did not record a start against them in 2017.
As a unit, Oakland’s pitching staff has yielded 4.3 runs per game overall in 2018. Its starters have a 4.17 ERA, 1.17 WHIP and 6.7 strikeouts per nine innings. The bullpen has a 3.47 ERA, 1.32 WHIP and 8.3 K/9. In 32 games against divisional foes, Athletics starters have an ERA of 5.34 and the bullpen’s ERA is 4.20.
Oakland’s offense is putting up 4.4 runs per outing, including 3.5 per game against divisional foes and 3.4 per game over its last five. The team has a slash-line of .238/.307/.381 over its last five games and is 3-2 SU during that span.
Jed Lowrie has helped lead the Athletics’ offense this year with nine home runs, 42 RBIs and 26 runs scored.
For the visiting squad, Houston’s pitching staff allowed 3.1 runs per game and its starters own a 2.90 ERA, 1.04 WHIP and 10.16 K/9. The bullpen has an ERA of 2.94, along with a K/9 of 10.49.
The Astros offense has slashed .261/.334/.427 on its way to 5.0 runs scored per game in 2018, including 5.0 runs per game against divisional foes and 6.0 per game over the team’s last five outings (5-0 SU).
Houston’s hitters have been led by Jose Altuve. Altuve is slashing .336/.381/.462 with five home runs, 34 RBIs, 40 runs and 10 steals.
The Astros just took the previous game in the series by a final score of six runs to three.
Houston Astros at Oakland Athletics MLB Pick
Predictions: SU Winner – Astros, ATS Winner – Astros, O/U – OVER
The under has hit in five of Oakland’s last seven games.
The Astros have hit 15 home runs in their last 10 games, including nine over their last five.
Oakland has posted 23.2 Runs + Hits + Errors per game over its last 10 contests and 18.6 over its last five.
- East Tennessee State Buccaneers at UNCG Spartans ATS Preview 02/24/19 - February 26, 2019
- Villanova Wildcats vs. Xavier Musketeers ATS Preview 02/24/19 - February 26, 2019
- Florida A&M Rattlers at South Carolina State Bulldogs Game Preview 02/18/19 - February 19, 2019
- Georgia Bulldogs at Texas A&M Aggies Betting Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Davidson Wildcats at Fordham Rams Betting Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- LSU Tigers at Kentucky Wildcats Free Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Michigan Wolverines at Penn State Nittany Lions Free Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Eastern Michigan Eagles at Ohio Bobcats Free Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Arkansas Razorbacks vs. Missouri Tigers Betting Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Purdue Boilermakers at Maryland Terrapins Odds Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019