Kansas City Royals vs. Detroit Tigers Odds
Vegas is listing Detroit (-115) as the favorite over Kansas City (+105). Bettors can wager on the game’s total with odds sitting at +100 for over nine runs and -120 for under nine. Bettors can also wager on the game’s spread with the current runline odds coming in at Royals +1.5 runs (-200) and Tigers -1.5 runs (+170).
The Royals are 52-101 SU and have gone 76-76 against the spread (ATS). They’ve lost 27.8 units for moneyline bettors and 9.0 units ATS. The Tigers, on the other hand, are 62-91 SU and 79-73 ATS. The team has lost 7.2 units for bettors taking the moneyline and 5.4 units ATS.
Detroit games have an over/under record of 65-79-8 in 2018. The Royals have also been a decent under bet with a total record of 66-75-11.
Ian Kennedy will get the nod for the visiting Royals. The right-handed Kennedy (2-8, 4.72 ERA) has recorded 97 strikeouts in 106.2 innings so far. He’s 0-0 with seven strikeouts and a 0.00 ERA against Detroit this year.
The Tigers are putting the ball in the left hand of Francisco Liriano (5-10, 4.54 ERA, 1.50 WHIP), who has 101 punchouts and 69 walks. Liriano is 1-0 with 20 strikeouts and a 2.28 ERA across four starts against Kansas City this year.
Detroit’s pitchers have yielded 4.8 runs per game overall in 2018 as a unit. The team’s starters have an ERA of 4.58, a WHIP of 1.31 and a strikeouts-per-nine of 7.4. The bullpen has a 4.45 ERA, 1.36 WHIP and 7.9 K/9. In 70 games against divisional foes, Tigers starters have an ERA of 4.68 and the bullpen’s ERA is 4.59.
The Detroit offense has produced 3.9 runs per contest, including 3.9 per game against divisional foes and 4.6 per game over its last five. The team’s hit .246/.300/.395 over its last five contests and is 2-3 SU during that stretch.
The Tigers’ hitters have been led by Nicholas Castellanos, who is hitting .299/.356/.500 with 22 home runs, 83 RBIs and 82 runs scored.
For the visitors, Kansas City’s pitchers have allowed 5.2 runs per game and its starters own a 5.03 ERA, 1.43 WHIP and 7.31 K/9. The bullpen has an ERA of 5.05, along with a WHIP of 1.43.
Royals hitters have slashed .245/.308/.391 on their way to 3.9 runs scored per game in 2018, including 4.5 runs per game against divisional foes and 4.4 per game over the team’s last five outings (0-5 SU).
Whit Merrifield has led Kansas City’s offense and is slashing .303/.367/.436 with 12 home runs, 57 RBIs, 84 runs and 37 steals.
The Tigers are looking for another win after an 11-8 victory in the prior game of this series.
Kansas City Royals vs. Detroit Tigers Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Tigers, ATS Winner – Royals, O/U – OVER
The under has cashed in only two of Kansas City’s last seven games.
The Royals have hit 11 home runs in their last 10 games, including seven over their last five.
Kansas City fielders have five errors over the last 10 games, compared to 12 errors for Detroit over its last 10.
- Los Angeles Rams vs. Arizona Cardinals – Free Week 16 Betting Preview - December 19, 2018
- Houston Texans vs. Philadelphia Eagles: Week 16 Free Preview - December 19, 2018
- Chicago Bears vs. San Francisco 49ers – Week 16 Free Betting Pick - December 19, 2018
- Week 16 Free Preview: Kansas City Chiefs vs. Seattle Seahawks - December 19, 2018
- Atlanta Falcons at Carolina Panthers – Week 16 Free Betting Preview - December 19, 2018
- Pittsburgh Steelers at New Orleans Saints – Week 16 Betting Pick - December 19, 2018
- Week 16 Free Pick – Washington Redskins at Tennessee Titans - December 19, 2018
- Baltimore Ravens vs. Los Angeles Chargers – Week 16 Free Betting Pick - December 19, 2018
- Northern Arizona Lumberjacks at San Francisco Dons Free Preview 12/19/18 - December 19, 2018
- North Carolina Central Eagles vs. Saint Louis Billikens Free Preview 12/19/18 - December 19, 2018