Kansas City Royals vs. Houston Astros Odds
Houston (-340) is favored over Kansas City (+270) and oddsmakers have the Over/Under for this one at 8 runs (-110 for the under and -110 for the over). Bettors can also wager on the game’s spread with the runline odds sitting at Royals +1.5 runs (+135) and Astros -1.5 runs (-155).
The Astros are 51-27 straight up (SU) and 43-34 against the spread (ATS). The team has gained 3.6 units for bettors taking the moneyline and 6.6 units (ATS). The Royals, on the other hand, have gone 23-53 SU this year and are 34-41 ATS. Overall, the team’s lost 20.3 units for moneyline bettors and 14.9 units ATS.
Astros games have an over/under record of 35-38-4 so far in 2018. The Royals have been a good under bet with a total record of 28-43-4.
Jason Hammel will get the nod for the Royals. The right-handed Hammel (2-8, 4.88 ERA) has recorded 59 strikeouts in 90.1 innings so far. He has yet to face the Astros this year and only made one start against them in 2017 (0-0, 1.29 ERA and four strikeouts across seven innings).
The Astros are sending righty Gerrit Cole (8-1, 2.59 ERA) to the mound. Cole has 138 strikeouts and 30 walks to his name, as well as a 0.89 WHIP. Cole did not record a start against the Royals in 2017.
As a unit, Houston’s pitching staff has given up 3.0 runs per game overall in 2018. The team’s starting pitching staff has a 2.90 ERA, 1.05 WHIP and 10.2 strikeouts per nine innings. The bullpen has a solid ERA of just 2.65, a WHIP of 1.03 and a K/9 of 10.8.
The Houston hitters have put up 5.1 runs per contest, including 5.9 per game over its last 10 games and 3.0 per game over their last five. The team has slashed .222/.326/.358 over its last five matchups and is 3-2 SU during that stretch.
Jose Altuve has helped lead the Astros’ offense this season with seven home runs, 39 RBIs, 50 runs and 11 steals.
For the visiting squad, Kansas City’s pitchers have allowed 5.5 runs per game and its starters own a 5.08 ERA, 1.43 WHIP and 7.36 K/9. The bullpen has an ERA of 5.44, along with a K/9 of 6.99.
Royals hitters have slashed .240/.303/.367 on their way to 3.6 runs scored per game in 2018, including 2.0 runs per game over the team’s last 10 games and 2.0 per game over the team’s last five contests (1-4 SU).
Whit Merrifield has provided a spark to the Kansas City offense. Merrifield is hitting .280/.358/.401 with four home runs, 23 RBIs, 31 runs and 16 steals.
The Astros snuck away with the previous game in this series by a final tally of four runs to three.
Kansas City Royals at Houston Astros MLB Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Astros, ATS Winner – Royals, O/U – OVER
The over has hit in three of Kansas City’s last seven games.
The Royals have hit four home runs in their last 10 games. The Astros have hit 16 over their last 10.
Kansas City has averaged 14.0 runs + hits + errors over its last 10 games and 15.6 over its last five.
- East Tennessee State Buccaneers at UNCG Spartans ATS Preview 02/24/19 - February 26, 2019
- Villanova Wildcats vs. Xavier Musketeers ATS Preview 02/24/19 - February 26, 2019
- Florida A&M Rattlers at South Carolina State Bulldogs Game Preview 02/18/19 - February 19, 2019
- Georgia Bulldogs at Texas A&M Aggies Betting Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Davidson Wildcats at Fordham Rams Betting Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- LSU Tigers at Kentucky Wildcats Free Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Michigan Wolverines at Penn State Nittany Lions Free Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Eastern Michigan Eagles at Ohio Bobcats Free Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Arkansas Razorbacks vs. Missouri Tigers Betting Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Purdue Boilermakers at Maryland Terrapins Odds Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019