The Kansas State Wildcats (12-4, 2-2 Big 12) visit No. 12 Kansas to play the Jayhawks (13-3, 3-1 Big 12) in a game that has the potential to be high-scoring. The game is scheduled to begin at 12 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 13, 2018.
Kansas State Wildcats at Kansas Jayhawks ATS Prediction
The last time the Wildcats played, they beat the Oklahoma State Cowboys, 86-82. The Wildcats made 28 of their 37 free throws (75.7 percent) and had a turnover percentage of 10.5 (better than their season average of 14.8). With 38 points on 12-for-17 shooting, Barry Brown was the game’s high scorer.
The Jayhawks defeated the Iowa State Cyclones in their last contest, 83-78. Kansas’ 12.1 turnover percentage was their largest strength over Iowa State, who had a rate of 19.1. The Jayhawks’ mark was better than their season average of 14.5, while the Cyclones’ was above their season average of 14.4. Malik Newman was the game’s high scorer with 27 points on 10-for-21 shooting.
It might turn into a high-scoring affair as two of the nation’s best offenses clash. Kansas currently ranks 14th with 119.3 points per 100 possessions and Kansas State is 33rd (115.5).
After the Jayhawks won both meetings against the Wildcats last season, this will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. In the last game, Kansas won 74-71. Kansas’ free throw rate was their largest strength over Kansas State. The Jayhawks had a rate of 0.214, while the Wildcats posted a mark of 0.162.
Kansas State Wildcats at Kansas Jayhawks Odds Pick
Predictions: SU Winner – Kansas State, ATS Winner – Kansas State, O/U – Under
Kansas ranks 104th in rebounds per game (37.3) while Kansas State ranks 248th (32.1).
The Wildcats rank 113th in three pointers allowed per game (21.5) while the Jayhawks rank 232nd (25.4).
Kansas ranks 37th in blocks per game (4.8) while Kansas State ranks 142nd (2.7).
The Jayhawks average 18.6 assists per game, which ranks seventh in the nation. The Wildcats rank 72nd in assists allowed per game (12.3).
Kansas State averages 8.3 steals per game, which ranks 26th in the NCAA. Kansas ranks 53rd in steals allowed per game (5.7).
The Wildcats have been outscored by an average of 0.2 points in their last five games. On the season, Kansas State has defeated opponents by an average of 10.6 points.
During their last five games, the Jayhawks have scored an average of 82.2 points per game (4.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 77.4 points per game (7.3 above their season average).
- San Francisco Giants vs. Arizona Diamondbacks Betting Preview 04/19/18 - April 19, 2018
- Miami Marlins vs. Milwaukee Brewers Free Preview 04/19/18 - April 19, 2018
- Toronto Blue Jays vs. New York Yankees Matchup 04/19/18 - April 19, 2018
- Pittsburgh Pirates vs. Philadelphia Phillies Betting Preview 04/19/18 - April 19, 2018
- Houston Astros vs. Seattle Mariners Free Pick 04/19/18 - April 19, 2018
- Boston Red Sox vs. Los Angeles Angels Free Pick 04/19/18 - April 19, 2018
- New York Mets at Atlanta Braves Matchup 04/19/18 - April 19, 2018
- Philadelphia 76ers at Miami Heat Odds Preview 04/19/18 - April 19, 2018
- Portland Trail Blazers vs. New Orleans Pelicans Odds Preview 04/19/18 - April 19, 2018
- Golden State Warriors at San Antonio Spurs Odds Preview 04/19/18 - April 19, 2018