The Kansas State Wildcats (12-4, 2-2 Big 12) visit No. 12 Kansas to play the Jayhawks (13-3, 3-1 Big 12) in a game that has the potential to be high-scoring. The game is scheduled to begin at 12 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 13, 2018.
Kansas State Wildcats at Kansas Jayhawks ATS Prediction
The last time the Wildcats played, they beat the Oklahoma State Cowboys, 86-82. The Wildcats made 28 of their 37 free throws (75.7 percent) and had a turnover percentage of 10.5 (better than their season average of 14.8). With 38 points on 12-for-17 shooting, Barry Brown was the game’s high scorer.
The Jayhawks defeated the Iowa State Cyclones in their last contest, 83-78. Kansas’ 12.1 turnover percentage was their largest strength over Iowa State, who had a rate of 19.1. The Jayhawks’ mark was better than their season average of 14.5, while the Cyclones’ was above their season average of 14.4. Malik Newman was the game’s high scorer with 27 points on 10-for-21 shooting.
It might turn into a high-scoring affair as two of the nation’s best offenses clash. Kansas currently ranks 14th with 119.3 points per 100 possessions and Kansas State is 33rd (115.5).
After the Jayhawks won both meetings against the Wildcats last season, this will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. In the last game, Kansas won 74-71. Kansas’ free throw rate was their largest strength over Kansas State. The Jayhawks had a rate of 0.214, while the Wildcats posted a mark of 0.162.
Kansas State Wildcats at Kansas Jayhawks Odds Pick
Predictions: SU Winner – Kansas State, ATS Winner – Kansas State, O/U – Under
Kansas ranks 104th in rebounds per game (37.3) while Kansas State ranks 248th (32.1).
The Wildcats rank 113th in three pointers allowed per game (21.5) while the Jayhawks rank 232nd (25.4).
Kansas ranks 37th in blocks per game (4.8) while Kansas State ranks 142nd (2.7).
The Jayhawks average 18.6 assists per game, which ranks seventh in the nation. The Wildcats rank 72nd in assists allowed per game (12.3).
Kansas State averages 8.3 steals per game, which ranks 26th in the NCAA. Kansas ranks 53rd in steals allowed per game (5.7).
The Wildcats have been outscored by an average of 0.2 points in their last five games. On the season, Kansas State has defeated opponents by an average of 10.6 points.
During their last five games, the Jayhawks have scored an average of 82.2 points per game (4.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 77.4 points per game (7.3 above their season average).
- Arizona Diamondbacks vs. Atlanta Braves Matchup 07/15/18 - July 15, 2018
- Toronto Blue Jays vs. Boston Red Sox Free Pick 07/15/18 - July 15, 2018
- Texas Rangers vs. Baltimore Orioles Free Pick 07/15/18 - July 15, 2018
- Kansas City Royals vs. Chicago White Sox Betting Preview 07/15/18 - July 15, 2018
- Detroit Tigers vs. Houston Astros Free Pick 07/15/18 - July 15, 2018
- New York Yankees at Cleveland Indians Betting Preview 07/15/18 - July 15, 2018
- Seattle Mariners vs. Colorado Rockies Matchup 07/15/18 - July 15, 2018
- Philadelphia Phillies vs. Miami Marlins Free Preview 07/15/18 - July 15, 2018
- Los Angeles Angels at Los Angeles Dodgers Free Preview 07/15/18 - July 15, 2018
- Tampa Bay Rays at Minnesota Twins Free Pick 07/15/18 - July 15, 2018