It’s that time of year where parents and children are packing up and soon heading off to college. Pretty soon, high school seniors will be making their choices as to where to go to college. Here’s some interesting news that college freshman and high school might be interested in. Did your school make the list? Are you applying to the right school if you play college sports?
Close to eight million U.S students get involved in high school sports, and some of those individuals no doubt dream of showing off their skills at the college level. Best College Reviews created this list to show aspiring college athletes the most successful college sports programs of all time. According to the editors, the ranking is intended inform and inspire student athletes. To view the full article and descriptions of each program, visit http://www.bestcollegereviews.org/features/most-successful-college-athletics-programs/.
To determine the base ranking of the college sports programs, Best College Reviews referred to data gleaned from the Capital One Cup, which measures colleges’ achievements in multiple sports. Data were analyzed for the number of NCAA championship finals that each college has both reached going back to 1992. The following sports were considered: Men’s Football, Men’s Basketball, Men’s Baseball, Women’s Basketball, and Women’s Softball.
Here is a list of schools that made the ranking.
– Baylor University – Waco, Texas
– University of Arkansas – Fayetteville, Arkansas
– University of Georgia – Athens, Georgia
– University of Nebraska-Lincoln – Lincoln, Nebraska
– University of South Carolina – Columbia, South Carolina
– University of Kentucky – Lexington, Kentucky
– University of Michigan – Ann Arbor, Michigan
– Syracuse University – Syracuse, New York
– The University of Tennessee – Knoxville, Tennessee
– Pennsylvania State University – State College, Pennsylvania
– University of Virginia – Charlottesville, Virginia
– University of California, Berkeley – Berkeley, California
– Florida State University – Tallahassee, Florida
– University of Notre Dame – South Bend, Indiana
– The Ohio State University – Columbus, Ohio
– University of Maryland – College Park, Maryland
– Texas A&M University – College Station, Texas
– Louisiana State University – Baton Rouge, Louisiana
– University of Texas – Austin, Texas
– University of Southern California – Los Angeles, California
– Duke University – Durham, North Carolina
– The University of Alabama – Tuscaloosa, Alabama
– The University of Oklahoma – Norman, Oklahoma
– The University of Arizona – Tucson, Arizona
– University of Oregon – Eugene, Oregon
– The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill – Chapel Hill, North Carolina
– University of Connecticut – Storrs, Connecticut
– University of California, Los Angeles – Los Angeles, California
– Stanford University – Stanford, California
– University of Florida – Gainesville, Florida
BestCollegeReviews.org evaluates publicly available data and produces independent ranking assessments of various educational programs and college facilities. The mission of Best College Reviews is to be a vital resource for potential students making one of the most important decisions of their lives. Best College Reviews recognize that no ranking system is perfect, and recommends that their ratings be used only as a general guide for choosing a quality school.
Once you find a college that you are interested in, the NCAA recommends that you sit down with a coach and ask some pertinent questions. “While knowing what questions to expect from a college coach and how to answer them is important, any conversation with a coach also allows the student athlete an opportunity to find out some critical information that will help them through the athletic recruiting process. The key is to know the right questions to ask in order to maximize your short time with a coach.”
On this NCAA blog post, you will find many questions that they suggest you ask in preparation for making this important decision.
- WWE: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know - October 28, 2017
- John Hennigan Talks Film & Thumb Wrestling! - October 16, 2017
- Primetime Emmy Awards Predictions - September 16, 2017
- How Pro Athletes Become the Victims of Fraud - August 29, 2017
- Julie Stewart-Binks Talks About the Future of Soccer - August 20, 2017
- A Season With Navy Football Documentary on SHOWTIME - August 16, 2017
- List of Best College Sports Programs Released - August 12, 2017
- Modern Gladiatorial League Combines Game of Thrones and MMA - August 11, 2017
- National Hot Rod’s Jim Oberhofer Talks Racing, Life - August 11, 2017
- After Concussions and Stroke Does Darryl Clack Regret His Career? - August 4, 2017