DeMarcus Cousins will be one of the most highly sought free agents on the NBA market this summer. Granted, he is coming off of a devastating Achilles injury, but he is only 27 years old. And when he is healthy, he is one of the most dominant centers in the league.
Popular opinion holds that the New Orleans Pelicans will attempt to hang onto Cousins. Granted, the Pelicans made an impressive postseason run while he was sidelined, but they seemed to be building something good in the first half of this season before Cousins was injured.
If Cousins’ recent social media activity is any indication, however, it seems he may be unhappy with the organization. Boogie unfollowed the team on Instagram.
A fan commented asking why he did so, and he actually responded. “Cause I’m grown,” he answered. Check out the interaction in the images below.
The Pelicans swept the Portland Trailblazers in the first round of the playoffs. Some have speculated that New Orleans is actually better off without Cousins, as MVP candidate Anthony Davis can slide into the five spot, where he seems to be at his best.
New Orleans will be financially hamstrung this offseason. The Pelicans would have to exceed the cap to bring back Cousins.
Hot Free Agent Market
Teams will covet Cousins, but his value would likely be higher if his contract expired in a different year. First, he is coming off of an injury that has historically debilitated players. Second, there are a number of other valuable free agents hitting the market.
For example, many pundits expect LeBron James to opt out of his contract, and every team in the league would love to have a shot at LeBron.
Oklahoma City swingman Paul George and Houston point guard Chris Paul may also enter the market.
- Anthony Gonzales Wins House of Representatives Seat: What are the odds? - May 18, 2018
- 2018 Preakness Stakes Post Positions: Justify Odds-on Favorite at 7 - May 16, 2018
- The Bucks Are Bringing In Giannis Antetokounmpo To Recruit Mike Budenholzer - May 16, 2018
- It Looks Like DeMarcus Cousins Is Unhappy With The Pelicans - May 16, 2018
- Dennis Schroder Seems Very Ready To Leave The Hawks - May 15, 2018
- This Rumor Adds Steam To The LeBron-To-Philly Murmurs - May 15, 2018
- 2018 Preakness Stakes: Horses to Watch, Predictions and Betting Odds - May 14, 2018
- Joakim Noah Could Leave Knicks, Join New Team For Next Season - May 14, 2018
- Supreme Court Votes To Strike Down Anti-Gambling Law - May 14, 2018
- Steph Curry: James Harden Draws Fouls Like An Artist - May 14, 2018