Los Angeles Angels vs. Los Angeles Dodgers Odds
The Dodgers are 52-43 straight up (SU) and 42-52 against the spread (ATS). They’ve lost 15.3 units for moneyline bettors and 9.7 units (ATS). They have a 3-4 ATS record over their last seven games and the under has hit in six of those seven. The Angels, on the other hand, have gone 49-47 SU this year and are 42-53 ATS. In total, the team’s lost 6.8 units for moneyline gamblers and 18.5 units ATS. covered the spread five times in their last seven games and the total has gone under in five of those seven.
Dodgers games have an over/under record of 46-46-2 so far in 2018. The Angels have been a decent under bet with a total record of 40-48-7.
Right-hander Deck McGuire will get the nod for the visiting Halos. McGuire (0-1, 6.10 ERA) has racked up 19 strikeouts in 20.2 innings so far. He’s 0-0 with six strikeouts and a 0.00 ERA against the Dodgers this year.
The Dodgers are turning to lefty Clayton Kershaw (3-4, 2.61 ERA), who has 70 strikeouts and 13 walks to his name as well as a WHIP of 1.04. Kershaw has yet to face the Angels this year and only made one start against them in 2017 (1-0, 0.00 ERA and 12 strikeouts across seven innings).
As a unit, the Dodgers’ pitching staff has allowed 3.9 runs per game overall this year. Their starting pitching staff has an ERA of 3.30, a WHIP of 1.14 and a strikeouts-per-nine of 9.6. The bullpen has a 3.83 ERA, 1.29 WHIP and 9.3 K/9.
The Los Angeles hitters have produced 4.7 runs per contest, including 3.7 per game over its last 10 games and 3.0 per game over their last five. The team has slashed .225/.318/.349 over its last five games and is 3-2 SU during that stretch.
Outfielders Matt Kemp and Chris Taylor have led the way for the Dodgers’ offense this year. Kemp is slashing .314/.356/.529 with 15 home runs, 60 RBIs and 42 runs scored, and Taylor is batting .253 with 11 homers, 41 RBIs and 54 runs.
In the visiting dugout, the Angels’ pitching staff allowed 4.1 runs per game and their starting pitchers own a 3.78 ERA, 1.26 WHIP and 9.18 K/9. The bullpen has an ERA of 3.82, along with a WHIP of 1.26 and a K-per-9 of 9.07.
The Angels offense has slashed .244/.318/.414 on its way to 4.4 runs scored per game this year, including 4.3 runs per game over the team’s last 10 games and 5.4 per game over the team’s last five contests (3-2 SU).
Los Angeles’ hitters have been paced by outfielder Mike Trout and shortstop Andrelton Simmons, who’ve collectively launched 31 home runs. Trout is slashing .312/.454/.610 with 25 home runs, 50 RBIs, 71 runs and 15 stolen bases, while Simmons (.314/.373/.443) is up to six homers, 41 RBIs and 46 runs scored.
The Angels have lost 12.8 units and are 7-18 ATS when facing a lefty starter this season. The over has hit in 10 of those games, compared to 13 that’ve gone under against left-handed starting pitchers. On the other hand, the Dodgers have lost 12.0 units and are 27-34 ATS when facing a right-handed starting pitcher. The over’s hit in 38 of those games, as opposed to 22 that’ve cashed the under.
Los Angeles Angels at Los Angeles Dodgers Pick
Predictions: SU Winner – Dodgers, ATS Winner – Angels, O/U – OVER
The over has hit in only one of Los Angeles’ last seven games.
The Angels have hit 14 home runs in their last 10 games, including 10 over their last five.
The Los Angeles defense has allowed five errors over its last five games, compared to zero errors for Los Angeles over its last five.
- Mississippi Valley State Delta Devils vs. Hawaii Rainbow Warriors Odds Preview 12/16/18 - December 16, 2018
- Norfolk State Spartans at Loyola Chicago Ramblers Free Preview 12/16/18 - December 16, 2018
- Cleveland State Vikings at Illinois State Redbirds Betting Preview 12/16/18 - December 16, 2018
- Cornell Big Red vs. Niagara Purple Eagles Odds Preview 12/16/18 - December 16, 2018
- Miami (OH) RedHawks vs. Northern Kentucky Norse Free Preview 12/16/18 - December 16, 2018
- Samford Bulldogs vs. Auburn Tigers Odds Preview 12/16/18 - December 16, 2018
- FGCU Eagles vs. UMBC Retrievers Free Preview 12/16/18 - December 16, 2018
- UC Riverside Highlanders vs. UTEP Miners Free Preview 12/16/18 - December 16, 2018
- Drexel Dragons vs. Quinnipiac Bobcats Odds Preview 12/16/18 - December 16, 2018
- Troy Trojans vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers Odds Preview 12/16/18 - December 16, 2018