Hector Santiago (7-5, 2.70 ERA) and Danny Salazar (9-6, 3.47 ERA) take the hill in the last of a three-game series between the Los Angeles Angels (56-49) and the Cleveland Indians (48-57) at Angel Stadium. The Indians won the last game 2-0 and the series is currently tied 1-1. Action begins at 12:35 p.m. ET on Wednesday, Aug. 5 and can be seen on STOh and FSW.
Santiago pitched 5.0 innings in his most recent start, surrendering five runs, striking out three and walking one in a 5-3 defeat to the Dodgers. Mike Trout (.310, 76 Rs, 32 HRs, 68 RBIs, 10 SBs) went 1 for 3 yesterday with one RBI. Salazar went 8.0 innings, surrendering zero runs (one unearned), striking out four and walking one in a 2-1 win over the Athletics in his last outing. Michael Brantley (.302, 42 Rs, 8 HRs, 57 RBIs, 11 SBs) has been successful at the plate, going 2 for 4 yesterday with one run and one RBI.
Los Angeles is a slim -109 favorite at home against Cleveland. The matchup has an estimated Over/Under (O/U) of seven runs. The Angels have recorded an overall money line of +176 and have shown high-level performance as a favorite this season with a record of 39-23. Opposing offenses have been stifled by the Angels, who have a team ERA of only 3.61. The Angels are the top team in the AL at limiting hits during home games, allowing only 7.6 hits per contest to their opponents this season.
In games where it is the underdog, Cleveland has a 15-20 record and an overall money line of -2,104. They have been on a bit of a dry streak over their last 10 games. They managed a 0-3 record when playing as the underdog. Cleveland is excellent at drawing walks with an AL-best 3.3 per road game. Cleveland’s pitching staff has set the standard for its league, with an AL-low 3.29 ERA on the road. When it comes to preventing batters from getting hits, the Indians are fourth in the AL with an average of 8.2 hits allowed per game. The Indians have established a reputation of overwhelming hitters with an AL-best 9.1 strikeouts per road game.
The Angels have the edge in the season series, 1-0. The Angels have a 40-40 record against right-handed starting pitchers on the year, which is what they’ll be facing when Salazar takes the mound. Santiago (LHP) will be on the hill against the Indians, who have a inferior 13-23 record against left-handed starting pitchers.
Predictions: SU Winner – LAA, O/U – Over
The total has gone OVER in 7 of LA Angels’s last 10 games.
LA Angels are 1-7 SU in their last 8 games.
The total has gone UNDER in 13 of LA Angels’s last 19 games at home.
LA Angels are 2-4 SU in their last 6 games at home.
LA Angels are 12-5 SU in their last 17 games at home.
LA Angels are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games when playing at home against Cleveland.
When leading after 7 innings, Los Angeles is 26-16, while Cleveland is 16-18.
Having scored zero runs in their last game, the Indians are going to have to up their game if they want to win this matchup. The Angels have a 9-0 record in games where opponents scored that many runs.
When they outhit their opponents, the Angels are 42-10. The Indians have a 39-7 record when outhitting opponents.
Ranking 23rd in runs, Cleveland has earned 403 this season. Los Angeles ranks 12th with 443 runs.
Ranking 19th, Los Angeles is in the bottom half of the league in walks, notching 290 this season. Cleveland ranks in the top five at third with 359.
The Angels are 44-26 when they hit at least one home run. The Indians perform similarly when they hit one or more homers with a 36-21 record.
- Southeastern Louisiana Lions at Houston Baptist Huskies ATS Preview 01/23/19 - January 23, 2019
- UIW Cardinals at Lamar Cardinals Free Preview 01/23/19 - January 23, 2019
- St. Bonaventure Bonnies vs. Massachusetts Minutemen Odds Preview 01/23/19 - January 23, 2019
- Lehigh Mountain Hawks at Navy Midshipmen ATS Preview 01/23/19 - January 23, 2019
- Abilene Christian Wildcats at Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks ATS Preview 01/23/19 - January 23, 2019
- Sam Houston State Bearkats at Northwestern State Demons ATS Preview 01/23/19 - January 23, 2019
- Holy Cross Crusaders at Army West Point Black Knights Betting Preview 01/23/19 - January 23, 2019
- Nicholls Colonels at Texas A&M-Corpus Christi Islanders ATS Preview 01/23/19 - January 23, 2019
- UMBC Retrievers at Vermont Catamounts Betting Preview 01/23/19 - January 23, 2019
- FIU Golden Panthers vs. Florida Atlantic Owls Free Preview 01/23/19 - January 23, 2019